Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 11:21 PM

Re: Poetic Justice?

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->

I could send the missus round BC.
From what you are saying there, and judging by your forum name Browbeaten, I think I will take my chance with the Alligator!

Mind you, after its meal of the burglar, that poor animal had to go to the dentist!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This was on the inter-net t'other day too:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ia-lights-fire
This reminds me of something a colleague told me many years ago. He had been called in to X-ray (for forensic reasons) a cadaver that had been found in a chimney.

Apparently, a the deceased, a 'cat burglar' had decided to gain access to a house (or it may have been an office) by sliding down a large Victorian chimney. He could only fit by raising his arms above his head.
Unfortunately for him, he had failed to do this homework and discovered, belatedly, that the occupants had bricked up the fireplace as part of a modernisation programme.
Clearly, in his anatomical position, he was completely unable to retrace his route up the chimney and there he remained for several years, I believe, until his dessicated body was discovered during further modernisations.

Poetic justice? But what a way to die - slowly.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This was on the inter-net t'other day too:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ia-lights-fire
Obviously couldn't stand the heat!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 02:49 AM

Perhaps a prime example of " rough Justice? "
Originally Posted by JBR ->
I like poetic justice.
Much more effective than our modern lenient justice system.
Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
So true.
This could also be called karma.
I thought it was a bit much getting rid of the alligator.
After all, it was doing a public service.
Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
This really is a lovely heartwarming story which has made my day.
Now I can have a happy evening with a smile on my face.
I hope that you lot are not serious.
An horrific death penalty for a bungled break-and-enter ?
Justice ? Really ?
And rejoicing in it !

My God, how fantastic it must be to be perfect and never have erred !
I wonder, if the young guy had been your son or grand-child, would you feel the same gloating satisfaction ?

If the death penalty for this offence is OK with you,
clearly the radical Muslim practice of lopping off the hands of thieves would be absolutely fine as well !

" Allahu Akbar ! " ?
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
If the death penalty for this offence is OK with you,
clearly the radical Muslim practice of lopping off the hands of thieves would be absolutely fine as well !
Here in the states, we deal with radical Muslim attacks all the time. In fact we just had one a week ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...rdino_shooting

Here in the states, we're fed up to HERE with terrorists, shootings, burglaries, murders, etc, and that includes self-righteous criminals who feel they have the RIGHT to break into our homes, violate our privacy and security, take whatever they want and disrupt our lives to where we can never have any real hope of feeling secure again. And that includes those who feel they have the right to invade our lives and make OUR property theirs simply because they feel they are entitled.

So yeah, we have no love for these people. They can go straight to you-know-where, for all I care, if a hell even exists. Because if it exists, that's where they belong.

Two of my friends were murdered in cold blood by these self-righteous individuals who assumed they had the right to take whatever they wanted. So am I bitter towards criminals? You bet your ass I am.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 03:21 AM

And if they want to come into my house and steal my property and threaten the safety of my family, I'll kill them before the alligator does.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 03:22 AM

Nobody is arguing against serious penalties for serious offences, Linda.

But the death penalty (by alligator) for a burglary ?
100 lashes for jay-walking ?

Fear breeds hate and Yanks are the most frightened, paranoid little people on the planet.
Hence the obsession with military might, the crazy gun thing, umpteen consecutive 'life' sentences, and this type of attitude.
In-bred. Too late to change
Linda0818
USA

09-12-2015, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Nobody is arguing against serious penalties for serious offences, Linda.

But the death penalty (by alligator) for a burglary ?
100 lashes for jay-walking ?

Fear breeds hate and Yanks are the most frightened, paranoid little people on the planet.
Hence the obsession with military might, the crazy gun thing, umpteen consecutive 'life' sentences, and this type of attitude.
In-bred. Too late to change
We have a reason to be frightened and paranoid.

Your "in-bred" comment was pretty freakin harsh.
Linda0818
USA

09-12-2015, 03:52 AM

Nevermind, you're in Australia.
Pumicestone
Australia

09-12-2015, 04:04 AM

We have a reason to be frightened and paranoid.
Yes you have.
No nation can be the world-bully for generations without sooner or later exposing its own people to consequences.

Your "in-bred" comment was pretty freakin harsh.
Yes, on reflection, a poor choice of words.
I did not mean incestuous in-breeding as is alleged in some U.S. mountain communities and Mormon off-shoots.

I meant - 'ingrained', 'entrenched', 'imbedded' -perhaps generational - hate-fear passed on to the young.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top