Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:38 AM

Re: Unwelcoming and hostile

I often get into profile pages by accidently clicking the wrong "bit", I also often miss the new arrivals thread. I donīt always agree with other posters views either and they donīt always agree with mine, but thatīs life and there would be very little point in discussing anything if everyone agreed with everyone else, but hopefully I am never rude or abusive to anyone. As far as I am concerned being rude and abusive shows a bullying type of person who was obviously dragged up rather than brought up. So welcome from me too pauline3.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mike reading your posts one would have to wonder why you bother with forums at all when you find they are not to your taste .
Somehow you have managed to struggle along on here tolerating us for over 2 years
Agree Meg, I wonder at the moment why I bother.

I respect you view, but after 11 years posting on forums I have without any question found a new breed of human that walks the corridors . Sick in the head does not come close and as I have told you before such small forums as this are not their hiding places.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:46 AM

If I invited myself to a party at someone house I would enter quietly and gradually make my way around talking to people. I would not rush in then immediately start shouting and criticising the guests and the occupants.

I would realise that I might have an instant rapport with some, others it would take time to get to know.

).

Totally agree Meg.

Pauline. If you and and a member from your past don't get on, it is between you and him/her surely? No need to blame the forum IMO.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:46 AM

If I invited myself to a party at someone house I would enter quietly and gradually make my way around talking to people. I would not rush in then immediately start shouting and criticising the guests and the occupants.

I would realise that I might have an instant rapport with some, others it would take time to get to know.

If I felt 'unwelcome' on a site I would look at my own behaviour and ask ..
have I replied to lots of post and tried to be friendly to everyone,
have I started my own threads,
do my posts come across as sarcastic or critical,
what can I do to fit in .
If only we could all be more like you Meg
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If only we could all be more like you Meg
It's a good job you can't Malcolm, I find myself difficult to cope with as it is so would't want more of me to put up with
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I often get into profile pages by accidently clicking the wrong "bit", I also often miss the new arrivals thread. I donīt always agree with other posters views either and they donīt always agree with mine, but thatīs life and there would be very little point in discussing anything if everyone agreed with everyone else, but hopefully I am never rude or abusive to anyone. As far as I am concerned being rude and abusive shows a bullying type of person who was obviously dragged up rather than brought up. So welcome from me too pauline3.
"Brought up at Eton or Eaten and brought up" you mean.
Then in some cases has anybody been rude to anybody just because they say somebody has , or is a person just another serial complainer?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Just an observation, not mentioning names,sometimes you get cliques on a site,and they do tend to gang up on you if you have a difference of opinion to theirs,
i know who they are,and stay clear of them,..i hope no bullying is aloud on this sitel
Not this old chestnut again. I have been on this site some 3 years and from time to time someone accuses us of forming cliques. THERE ARE NO CLIQUES ON THIS SITE. Some people know each other very well and get on with each other. It takes time for us to get to know newcomers and whether we like them or not. What I do know is that we fall over each other to welcome newcomers, from then on it's down to them.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:53 AM

It's a good job you can't Malcolm, I find myself difficult to cope with as it is so would't want more of me to put up with
All joking aside Meg ... I really do wish I had a more even temperament, more like you.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:54 AM

I've just read the thread where things got heated. I can only say that you need to be more careful when posting things. Some on here have been through great difficulties and stressful times especially with regards to health issues.
As one who has been known to put both my size 6's in my mouth sometimes, you need to be prepared to apologise if your posts offend.
Once you've settled in you'll be ok.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Not this old chestnut again. I have been on this site some 3 years and from time to time someone accuses us of forming cliques. THERE ARE NO CLIQUES ON THIS SITE. Some people know each other very well and get on with each other. It takes time for us to get to know newcomers and whether we like them or not. What I do know is that we fall over each other to welcome newcomers, from then on it's down to them.
Perfect post - Its a pity to vent anger because of one thread
Not a good start but If you don't get along with a couple of members, that's the way it is on all forums

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top