Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 11:29 PM

Re: Rant

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I give them a few chances to be on time or at the very least to do the courtesy of ringing me, but if they still haven't turned up or rung me I give them 10 to 15 minutes at most, after which I either go home or head off and do something else. It lets them stand around a bit and get a taste of their own bad medicine.

I could tell them I'm annoyed, but it's far more satisfying to do as they do. It makes a more significant point, I find.
Sounds like a good plan!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[QUOTE=APRICOT;578265]:-d:-d:-d

Wassat mean?[/QUOTE]

..... =
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 11:09 AM

Don't get me started

I get sick of the 'we will ring you back shortly' lot who don't and my son who regularly comes for lunch can be up to an hour late .

The man who came to lay my carpet last week was due at 9 and arrived at 10 no apology was given.

I think it is very rude to be late, it says to me 'your time is not important'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 11:11 AM

So agree with you Meg ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hate being late, and waiting around, I have no time for it.
Me neither, absolute waste of time
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-12-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[QUOTE=APRICOT;578265]:-d:-d:-d

Wassat mean?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes yer smilies don't work and you end up with a :d:
instead of a
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
It is not `fashionable` to be late,it`s bleeding bad manners to do it consistently. What snapped me tonight was a `friend` on the phone however.

I ring,she says `just a minute and I will ring you back` That was an hour ago-I ring again and get voice mail.

I`m a decent bloke but I do not like being taken for granted.

Another example-a different friend said `I will be there between 12 and 12.30`---------at 12.50 she arrives and just honked the horn. No sorry I`m late.
Grrrr.
Did you leave a message on her voice mail? Personally I always ask someone later if they got my voice mail because I have found a good proportion don't even know they have it. If they did I ask if they tried to call me back, no need to be nasty about it, just make a pleasant enquiry. I think you will be surprised how that chivvies them up after that, rarely happens twice

Same with the friend who was late, you could have asked why, perhaps they wouldn't take you for granted if you ask why they are late or didn't call back.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 01:29 PM

I think lateness can be a bad habit which like lots of bad habits is hard to break. I know that many people underestimate how long it takes to get ready and to reach a destination. Unfortunately it's not a lesson that seems to be learned very easily as so many are repeat offenders.
I have some otherwise lovely friends who are always late by about half an hour when they have been invited for a meal etc. I now invite them half an hour too early knowing this. They are lovely in every other respect and its not something I want to fall out over.
I think that tradesmen etc are often late as they get stuck at a previous appointment and it takes a long time. The point is that they should apologise at the very beginning for the fact that you have had to wait, that is just good business practice and common politeness.
The other think is that parents need to teach children consideration and good manners which includes punctuality. They are doing everyone the child comes into contact with in life a favour and more importantly they are doing the child a favour as they will be much better though of for being punctual and reliable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 01:31 PM

My husband is constantly late, always has been. He doesn't mean to be he just thinks he can get places quicker than he manages, never allows time for the journey.

I have cured it when he is meeting me or taking me somewhere, I tell him the appointment is 30 minutes before it really is and we arrive nicely on time or 5 minutes early. He hasn't realised yet so don't any of you tell him
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 05:24 PM

It happened again. My phone rings at 08.20,I am in the bath so leave it,it rings again two minutes later. OK my face is covered in shaving foam but this must be important.

Ring back and it`s Veronica to say I need to make some calls from your house(what is so special about my house) so I may be a bit earlier than 09.30-OK that`s fine.

She arrived at 10.15.

Give me strength.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top