The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Re: Truth or what?

deleted
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
I doubt that very much, I think more truth and less 'fiction' would be the making of it!
Heck of a lot of broken noses and black eyes though.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Heck of a lot of broken noses and black eyes though.
As well as an even bigger strain on an already overloaded NHS!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Its not a question of telling the truth or telling a lie. Its a matter of giving an opinion in a diplomatic and tactful way that will not hurt their feelings.

I agree with that FB. You should be able to say things without being hurtful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would give my Opinion, don't think you can get the TRUTH from one opinion, if 500 people shared the same opinion, then that MAY be the truth.

You've got a point there spitty.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:21 PM

I think there are many situations where your opinion may be asked for and all require tact, when I am confronted with the 'does my bum look big in this' type of questions by the females in my family I am honest with them, always have been when they ask my opinion about clothes, hairstyles, makeup and that kind of thing, they know before they ask the question that they will get the truth but still ask, however it would not be done in brutal fashion, I would either say "You look great love" or "No, I don't think that suits you" how they handle the answer is entirely up to themselves.
Other situations are handled in a way as to not upset the person, but If my opinion regarding a film, TV program, stage play, or song/singer was asked for I would be brutally honest.
But I suppose there are even people out there who would tell a child there was no Santa Claus just to be totally honest.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with that FB. You should be able to say things without being hurtful.
Trouble is, Mups, a lot of people seem to take a perverse delight in hurting others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Trouble is, Mups, a lot of people seem to take a perverse delight in hurting others.
They can go kiss the sky !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think there are many situations where your opinion may be asked for and all require tact, when I am confronted with the 'does my bum look big in this' type of questions by the females in my family I am honest with them, always have been when they ask my opinion about clothes, hairstyles, makeup and that kind of thing, they know before they ask the question that they will get the truth but still ask, however it would not be done in brutal fashion, I would either say "You look great love" or "No, I don't think that suits you" how they handle the answer is entirely up to themselves.
Other situations are handled in a way as to not upset the person, but If my opinion regarding a film, TV program, stage play, or song/singer was asked for I would be brutally honest.
But I suppose there are even people out there who would tell a child there was no Santa Claus just to be totally honest.

You've just earned another Brownie point Jem.
Fender Bender
By the pc

28-11-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They can go kiss the sky !
What an unusual way of spelling the word for that part of the body!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top