Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 07:48 PM

Re: Why is it ?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I worked in a boarding school at the start of each term we made up the girl's beds and in 'my house' that was 68 beds and duvets
I never had a problem with duvets,
.. first you turn the duvet inside,
.. now then put your arms inside and grab the top two corners furthest from you,
..with the duvet corners still in your hands grab the top two duvet corners and hold them,
..now let the cover fall over the duvet .
You make it sound so easy Meg, I've been struggling with my duvet for years!

I think new duvets should come with instructions on their packets!

*thinks* ..... I'm going to change the duvet cover tomorrow
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You make it sound so easy Meg, I've been struggling with my duvet for years!

I think new duvets should come with instructions on their packets!

*thinks* ..... I'm going to change the duvet cover tomorrow

Steady on - don't be doing yerself a mischief there ......
Good luck Mags
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Steady on - don't be doing yerself a mischief there ......
Good luck Mags
Thanks Patsy - I'm soooo looking forward to it!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:07 PM

I always use the "inside out" method too, what intrigues me is that stuff you put in the washing machine with the duvet ends up inside it, then when you tumble dry it it all comes out again!Here's another way! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/good...-your-bed.html

I have had to down-size to a single bed as my bedroom is smaller than my old one, I found a single duvet too small so I use a double one, this kept sliding off so I attached two tapes on corners on one side and two cuphooks on the bed base (wall side), tie it on & it doesn't slide off.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:15 PM

I always help the wife change the duvet cover, if I didn't, I know I would develop a "Quilt Complex".
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 11:51 AM

I have to admit I find it irritating but it has to be done. Only ever iron them when on the duvet these days as per a tip from someone.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 11:59 AM

lay out cover,prepare duvet. Top corner to top corner shake and repeat. Shake,bottom corner to bottom corner ,shake and repeat. A widower learns these things you know.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Double duvets are really a two man job but since I am always on my own when I do them I use the inside out method but still struggle. Single duvets are easy no problem.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I always help the wife change the duvet cover, if I didn't, I know I would develop a "Quilt Complex".
Oh spitty we really need a groan smiley for that one

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top