Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Re: The best ice bucket challeng video you ever saw.

Thanks Bruce, Patrick Stewart did the ice bucket challenge with style, simply putting two ice cubes into a glass and a nice dollop of good whiskey. He wrote and signed his donation cheque and then drank the nectar.

My young cousin did the same and as you see in the video, my husband Keith and my cousin Kevin used the same idea with ginger beer, although they had some brandy later.

Over here we are now looking forward to the MND Iced Bun Challenge where people will buy a bun eat it on camera and donate to the cause.

The ice bucket challenge has brought awareness of ALS/MND and that is the good thing. If you worry about the water, then think before you flush after a wee. That water is cleaner than some kids have to drink so don't always flush, and have a shower a couple of times a week instead of a bath.

Job done
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
If you worry about the water, then think before you flush after a wee. That water is cleaner than some kids have to drink so don't always flush, and have a shower a couple of times a week instead of a bath.

Job done
Old news I am afraid; during the last drought this was bandied about. (not that I am concerned about saving water I have a couple of 5000litre rain water tanks)

and anyway there wouldn't be a loo in the country that doesn't have a dual flush:

As for baths... Don't like lying in my own muck, so have a couple of showers a day but haven't had a bath since I left the UK 40 years ago. Actually this house doesn't have a bath at all just a shower.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 01:14 AM

We don't do baths either for the same reason. People do get bent out of shape about 'wasting water' but MND is such an evil something has to be done to bring awareness to the world. Even if it means people don't keep telling my husband that they hope he gets better soon, or worse they say, well it can only get better. No I scream in my head its bloody terminal it will get horrendously worse.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top