Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 07:40 AM

Re: Ghosts or Aliens

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I have seen two ghosts...nothing to be afraid of..aliens?

How would I recognise one
?

There's a lot of them about Pats - they're called Tories!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would prefer to be abducted, than grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Cant argue with that !!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 10:40 AM

I would definitely be more scared of an Alien because of the things that we hear about.

Ghosts - we do ghost hunts in haunted buildings so nothing scary there.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I have seen two ghosts...nothing to be afraid of..aliens?

How would I recognise one?
Easy... they're the ones with the spindley arms and legs, enourmous heads and big eyes...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
the vastness of space makes it impossible for other life forms to travel across that vastness, and as we are an insignificant satellite circling an even more insignificant star why would they bopther???
Well Joe, in case you didn't read it the NASA people have just announced that Voyager 1 is about to depart our 'known' unniverse.

In other words it is soon to be an 'alien' in some one elses unniverse.

If we can do it then how can one say the 'others' (call them aliens if you wish) won't do the same to us.

Personally, being abducted by aliens is, in my opinion, something that would be infinately preferable to living among all the teeming humanoid masses on this planet
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Well Joe, in case you didn't read it the NASA people have just announced that Voyager 1 is about to depart our 'known' unniverse.

If we can do it then how can one say the 'others' (call them aliens if you wish) won't do the same to us.

Personally, being abducted by aliens is, in my opinion, something that would be infinately preferable to living among all the teeming humanoid masses on this planet
My thoughts exactly
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->

Very simple Harvey matey, - it's taken Voyager I & II forty something years to reach the edge of what you call 'our' universe. Yes it may be possible for 'alien' craft to do likewise, but not carrying 'aliens' per se since it would take too long and they would need to carrry sufficient sustenance to last them 'X' number of decades.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 05:33 PM

they would need to carrry sufficient sustenance to last them 'X' number of decades.
obviously you are not a fan of Startrek

William Shatner (Alieas Capt. Jim Kirk) was forever comming across aliens who didn't require sustinence of any kind (Well OK some of them ate humans, but many lived on rocks etc)

I don't see the 'food' angle being a problem, a bigger problem is (as you implied in a previous post) "Why would any intelligent creature want to come here"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Very simple Harvey matey, - it's taken Voyager I & II forty something years to reach the edge of what you call 'our' universe. Yes it may be possible for 'alien' craft to do likewise, but not carrying 'aliens' per se since it would take too long and they would need to carrry sufficient sustenance to last them 'X' number of decades.
Joe - there is no way that you 'know' what they are capable of - simple as that ........

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top