Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 05:31 PM

Re: Robin - Alive and Well

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You're right of course ! A senior moment from me
As you are an avid fan, do you recall the episode when Rodney took said car for a hair-raising ride with the barmaid scared stiff sat next to him, he was wearing a leather jacket - so funny !
Oh yes Patsy, that's probably one of my favorite episodes, there's a brief scene where he drives over some bumps which I recognise 'cos my bus used to take that route into London some days, it's in North east London, and I remember it was bumpy, but we never took tot he air like he did
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 05:37 PM

BTW - do you know the title of that one ....
Sorry Patsy, you'll need to look that up on Google, right now I can only quote two episode titles
'To Hull and Back' the Amsterdam diamond caper
'Miami twice' when he crosses paths with his Mafia look alike.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Oh yes Patsy, that's probably one of my favorite episodes, there's a brief scene where he drives over some bumps which I recognise 'cos my bus used to take that route into London some days, it's in North east London, and I remember it was bumpy, but we never took tot he air like he did
Its my favourite too - I will try and find it, if I do, will let you know the title.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

29-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Its my favourite too - I will try and find it, if I do, will let you know the title.
Thanks, have to go now but will pop back this evening to see if you found anything.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Ok !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-03-2014, 06:24 PM

YAY - I've found it, its called 'Dates' and its a Christmas special episode.
Its the one where Del has the blind date with Raquel and Rodney has a date with Nerys.
I've ordered it from Amazon !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-03-2014, 06:44 PM

If you are interested type in 'Dates' only fools and horses on Amazon.
New = £4.59 There are used ones also from retailers in good condition, a little cheaper ......
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

29-03-2014, 10:16 PM

YAY - I've found it, its called 'Dates' and its a Christmas special episode.
Its the one where Del has the blind date with Raquel and Rodney has a date with Nerys.
I've ordered it from Amazon !
Thank you Patsy, yes it's comming back to me Del is waiting for Raquel under the clock at Waterloo station, another place I know quite well.

A great episode hope you enjoy it.

P.S.
£4.59 is a good price, if I had a DVD player I would order one as well.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Not technically correct Joe, any 'stability' problems with the Robin were more down to having only three wheels, which is one more than millions of motorbikes by the way.

Fibre-glass (Or GRP as it's normally refered too) is actually an extremely strong material and furthermore it is flexible, so absorbs an impact better than steel. They use it in some aircraft wings so there's no disputing it's strength.

I have owned and restored both a Reliant Scimirar SE6 and the latter convertible SE8, both brilliant 'concept' cars, made of fibre glass (With an immensely strong steel chassis) and in the case of the SE6 for a while very popular (Princess Anne had one) sadly let down by some flaws in execution of the concept e.g. although the body could never rust (being GRP) a lot of the bits were plain steel e.g. the window frames and similar parts, not even galvanised just plain steel and rusted faster than you could imagine. Had they used stainless steel the car might well have been in production today

I have also owned a Reliant Kitten which weighed about the same as the Robin but having four wheels never suffered from stability problems.

I was considering buying a Robin but Mrs. Losos wouldn't consider being seen in one (Only Fools was at it's most popular at the time )

That's total crap!!! - one of the reasons why the Government stopped selling 'disabled' cars (those three wheeler types) was because of (a) stability issues being three wheelers, (b) the fibre glass bodies lacked impact strength making them 'death traps'. That reason was also why they stopped making 'Robins' as the EU brought in 'rules' on car safety and impact crumpling. Furthermore, For some weeks immediately after I left school, I was employed in a factory making fibre-glass bodies for Pedestrian-controlled vehicles for the Post Office so I do know a fair amount about fibre-glass bodywork.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2014, 09:49 AM

Calm down Joe - you need to catch up on that missing hour, making you 'grumpy'

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top