Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Re: Wouldn't it be nice...

People become acclimatised to temperature so what feels cold to one person won't feel cold to another. I watch Big Brother Australia and see the housemates outside complaining how cold it is and all huddled up in their jumpers and coats - it's all a matter of what you are used to. I don't like temperatures over 100 degrees - it just makes me feel ill and lethargic which is why I left Spain between the end of June until mid-September.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 06:41 PM

Blimey BV, 100 degrees? That would finish me off.
I start getting anxious if it rises much above early - mid 70's.
I don't like either extreme though, don't cope very well in excessive heat or very cold either.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 06:45 PM

I can cope with high temperatures provided it is dry heat. It's the humidity that saps me. Same with the cold - dry cold is fine, but damp cold chills me through. But the thing that wears me down most is gale force winds, which is what made me start this thread!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top