Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 12:49 PM

Re: How many of you really check your supermarket receipts?

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I always check the till display when I get things that are on offer, a few times they've charged me full price.
I've experienced that so many times Twiz - thats what made me think of a calculator .... I dont want to spend any more time in there, than I have to !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 11:10 PM

I'm interested in the shops that give a full refund! That's never happened to me. Praps I complain too much? Lol...
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Asda do give a full refund, if it was something that had been overcharged they would refund the full amount not just the surplus amount.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 09:47 AM

We always check our receipts either just before we leave the shop or as we are packing it in the car.
I usually check to see that reduced items have gone through at the lower prices and make sure that the offers are there.
If we receive money off coupons from Sainsburys or Tesco ie £9 off a £60 shop, then I take a calculator with me to make sure I don't go over that amount. Takes a bit longer shopping but hey we all have to watch the pennies now.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'm interested in the shops that give a full refund! That's never happened to me. Praps I complain too much? Lol...
Originally Posted by valice ->
Asda do give a full refund, if it was something that had been overcharged they would refund the full amount not just the surplus amount.
Tesco do, too.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
If overcharged by 1/2 of the price Tesco give full refund + goods FOC. even on reduced for quick sale. hence stawbs £2 reduced to 0.20, at till charged £2, customer services refunded £2 + FOC straws and it was repeated below so Teco gave me £4 and 2 punnets of lovely strawbs + I'd got lots of fruit and veg which came to £3.47, so I gained 0.53p off Tesco,wasn't that nice of them. I check my receipt rigorously, mind you if it's in my favour I don't bother telling them, after all they're very busy aren't they?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Yeah, I do that Orangutan, always have done. Started doing it long ago after I got to a checkout and hadn't got enough cash on me - very embarrassing
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2013, 02:36 PM

back in the days when shops stuck the prices on each item...I was at my local co op ...no car in these days ..so i had to walk back with my groceries....i checked the number of items in my bags against the number on my receipt...there were 3 extra items charged ...i then checked the prices...you wouldn't think they could make a mistake when the prices were stuck on the items...but oh yes they had overcharged on four items....so i took the shopping back to co op....on foot...the manager was not at all pleased...because the shop was busy...but i stood my ground....and got my money back.....i should have asked for money for a taxi back home....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top