Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Re: Conjuring

1. Sunday roast - (Mum,childhood),
2. Freshly made hay - (farmer friend who is longer with us)
3. Roses - (my garden at home)

And what about sounds? I love the sound of new born puppies snuffling about.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Hello Cinders - I recall a friend of Mum, she would hide behind the door with a spoonful of the stuff and as I edged past, she shoved it in me mouth .... Yuk !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Cod Liver Oil and the horror of a daily dose.

Maggie darlin' - I remember that too, but we had cod liver oil AND Malt - we all lined up for it, my two sisters, George (my Dad) me and finally the cat was allowed to lick the spoon.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
1. Sunday roast - (Mum,childhood),
2. Freshly made hay - (farmer friend who is longer with us)
3. Roses - (my garden at home)

And what about sounds? I love the sound of new born puppies snuffling about.
Sounds as well conjure up memories and feelings don't they. When my sleeping problems started, I bought a sound machine that played throughout the night and I'd choose either rain or waves - that evoked memories of various feelings and off to sleep I went

I can never hear the sound of fairgrounds without remembering my Dad taking me to Bob Wilson's Funfair!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 05:36 PM

Dripping, my uncle used to love what he called 'mucky fat' sandwiches.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 12:20 AM

Yes, me and my brother both used to try and get the brown jelly stuff under the dripping. I suppose nowadays we would be lectured about cholesterol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-07-2013, 12:27 AM

Yes ben-varrey, water sounds are always lovely and relaxing aren't they.
Another sound which I find people either like or loathe, is windchimes. I suppose it depends on the tone of the chimes and also the amount of wind blowing though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Oh yeah Maggie darlin' bread & drippin' sarnies - fabulous!!! - can remember the flavour so well that I can taste it even now.

Dragon also used to give me bread and sugar by buttering a slice of bread and upending it in a sugar bowl before handing it to me.

Do you remember Chocolate spread (Nutella is NOT the same taste) came in a waxed cardboard carton. That tasted real good too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Hi Uncle Joe, are you feeling better now the weather's cooled down a bit?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

29-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Uncle Joe, are you feeling better now the weather's cooled down a bit?

Yes Jean darlin' - thank you. Hasn't happened for a few years, but then we haven't had this kind of heat in a while. Even my air-cooler wasn't cooling me down sufficiently and it reached 29 o C in here last Wednesday.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top