Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 01:30 AM

Re: New Year's Traditions

You may be right Hazel, the silk against my skin does make me very giddy...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
You may be right Hazel, the silk against my skin does make me very giddy...
No that's the whisky you daft Old Bugger.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 03:05 AM

oh is that what it is... I thought it was Irn Bru..

Oh well, bed time now, I do hope the wife took my hair net in from the washing line.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 05:07 AM

Last New Year's Eve at midnight I stood at my front window watching the fireworks. My neighbours across the road were all outside and they must have spotted me looking out.

Anyway, some of them came across and knocked on my door, realising that I was on my own, to wish me a happy new year, which was really very kind of them, as I don't know them except to having a nodding acquaitance. I was really nice of them though.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Alcohol? Bucket? I'M COMING!!!
...as the bishop said to the actress.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
OB.. Potato pie is Beef & kidney or just beef with carrots, onions and potatoes, cooked then put in oven in a roasting tin with a pastry crust, served with red cabbage or beetroot.Scrummy!!!!
Yes Hazel darlin ' it is isn't it!!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 12:12 PM

When I was a child, growing up in the Rhymney Valley we would go out into the street at the stroke of midnight and everyone would be out, all hugging and kissing (cheeks I might add) and wishing a happy new year, church bells would be ringing, and for five minutes it was full on celebration. Many years later when I was living in the Midlands and my mother had re-married a Scott he would have me 'first foot' as his family were all strawberry or full on ginger and I was dark, out the back door and back in the front carrying coal, salt and bread, (I believe signifying health wealth and good fortune or something like). When I moved back to S.Wales some twelve years ago I was soo looking forward to everyone piling outside at midnight, but it came, and went, and the only thing that happened was a few fireworks were set off. My mum always said that in Cardiff any ship in port would let off their fog horns, church bells would ring, fire stations would open their doors and ring the fire bells, ditto ambulance stations. Now apparently nowt happens. Sad really.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
When I was a child, growing up in the Rhymney Valley we would go out into the street at the stroke of midnight and everyone would be out, all hugging and kissing (cheeks I might add) and wishing a happy new year, church bells would be ringing, and for five minutes it was full on celebration. Many years later when I was living in the Midlands and my mother had re-married a Scott he would have me 'first foot' as his family were all strawberry or full on ginger and I was dark, out the back door and back in the front carrying coal, salt and bread, (I believe signifying health wealth and good fortune or something like). When I moved back to S.Wales some twelve years ago I was soo looking forward to everyone piling outside at midnight, but it came, and went, and the only thing that happened was a few fireworks were set off. My mum always said that in Cardiff any ship in port would let off their fog horns, church bells would ring, fire stations would open their doors and ring the fire bells, ditto ambulance stations. Now apparently nowt happens. Sad really.
DM, its all down to Council's Noise abatement Officers.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

30-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Noise abatement officers - who needs 'em!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 02:52 PM

dpwn our way all the ships, moored up, hooted bang on midnight, not now cos the canal doesn't have ocean going vessels anymore.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top