Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 02:50 PM

Re: Which breakfast item are you?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks that looks very easy! Do you have any advice on how to squeeze the water out? Potatoes seem to be full of it.
Place spuds in the centre of a clean tea towel, gather the edges up to make a bundle and squeeze as hard as you can before twisting the bundle at the top to squeeze out any remaining water.

After I've grated the potatoes, I usually place them in a bowl of cold water to soak to get rid of any excess starch before swirling them around in the bowl to loosen the potato up then decanting into a colander to drain before using the tea towel.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Thanks that looks very easy! Do you have any advice on how to squeeze the water out? Potatoes seem to be full of it.
Yes, you are correct. Potatoes are indeed full of water.
I merely hold a handful of grated potatoes over the sink and squeeze the water out by hand.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 12:24 AM

There is always

So much easier.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 02:01 AM

Surely there must be a potato water squeezing out machine somewhere? I have a bit of a paranoia about tea towel hygiene. Doubtless silly but I prefer something you can stick in the dishwasher.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 12:30 PM

Surely there must be a potato water squeezing out machine somewhere? I have a bit of a paranoia about tea towel hygiene. Doubtless silly but I prefer something you can stick in the dishwasher.
Wonder if a salad spinner would do the trick for you? Rinse the spuds in clean water first to get rid of excess starch.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 01:40 PM

I'm April, the organised early riser.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top