Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Re: Frightening message

I know what you mean, Maryl, I too worked in a union office for 13 years in Glasgow, and it was always nice to get letters of appreciation sent in. I still miss working there!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 12:34 PM

I like to give praise when praise is due and will write a letter to someone's superiors if I have had service above and beyond the call of duty. I will also complain if I don't receive good service and would have absolutely no compunction abvout getting someone fired, as I did on one occasion!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 04:49 PM

Well, any would-be strangler who leaves their number isn't going to be at the top of the gene pool is he? My guess is some drunk out of their brain cretin who picked your number at random. I'm no psychologist, but I'd bet my last coin nobody's going to be lurking behind the door cracking their knuckles so sleep tight and don't give it another thought.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 04:54 PM

About commendations, I worked with the public, and while people were quick to complain, compliments were very rare ... and much appreciated.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
About commendations, I worked with the public, and while people were quick to complain, compliments were very rare ... and much appreciated.
I would never, ever, work with the public, each person is different in their way of thinking and in what's right or wrong, it would do my head in. My boss wanted me to serve customers in his jewellery shop some years back when a girl was out sick but I refused, saying my place was in the workshop, thankfully he understood.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2010, 10:56 PM

Sorry Maryl that I missed this yesterday. What an awful ordeal for you, but pleased it was handled so well for you.

Hope today has been a good day for you.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2010, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I would never, ever, work with the public, each person is different in their way of thinking and in what's right or wrong, it would do my head in. My boss wanted me to serve customers in his jewellery shop some years back when a girl was out sick but I refused, saying my place was in the workshop, thankfully he understood.
Oh jemflux, I didn't work face-to-face with the public, would have hated that! My contacts were by phone or the occasional irate letter .... or even rarer, complimentary one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh jemflux, I didn't work face-to-face with the public, would have hated that! My contacts were by phone or the occasional irate letter .... or even rarer, complimentary one.
I'm glad you were spared the personal contact DM, I admire the people who have to deal with awkward customers, as my Granny used to say ' You'd need the patience of Jobe'. (Who was he anyway?).
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I'm glad you were spared the personal contact DM, I admire the people who have to deal with awkward customers, as my Granny used to say ' You'd need the patience of Jobe'. (Who was he anyway?).
Job was a character in the Bible who had a myriad afflications sent supposedly by the deity as a test of his faith, and he remained faihtful, more fool him!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top