Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:11 PM

Re: Conspiracy theorists and theories

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.newscientist.com/term/conspiracy-theories/

Conspiracy theories (extracts)

New Scientist

By Graham Lawton

That's his viewpoint and mine, too .....
Can you repeat that please Omah!!
I did'nt quite get it!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:37 PM

Well I’m trying to start my own conspiracy, COVID is an alien virus, all the alien abductions, cattle mutilations, can all be explained as aliens finding out about human and animal dna, so that can create a virus to target the human population so they don’t have to send their armies to obliterate us, they can let us do it ourselves, so far I’ve had no takers, perhaps Barry can contact his son in law and get it started that way, or perhaps David ike might be worth dropping a line to, anyway, I’ll have to remove my tinfoil hat now as they’re due to contact me in a moment....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:47 PM

Incoming message from the Big Giant Head

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 02:01 PM

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 02:28 PM

Conspiracy Theories are, quite often, carefully managed tactics aimed at bringing down an opposition.

A bit of Chinese Whispers (oh yeh!) whereby a little story gets leaked, somewhere, and builds up into a much bigger story due to all of the add ons that people add in as the rumour passes by.

I will leave out Religion, as people would get upset.

It's, fairly obviously, used a lot in Politics.

All you have to do is leak something about a politician not staying home, and you're on your way.

Happens, a lot, in business, to knock down the other candidate.

Happens a lot in advertising. Tell everyone, every day on TV that your product is the best & it sticks.

Bottom line?

Don't knock it - start your own theories.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:47 PM

I think it comes from hundreds of years of politicians being unable to tell the truth. I don't have a theory for everything but I have a few and I certainly don't believe everything I am told.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it comes from hundreds of years of politicians being unable to tell the truth. I don't have a theory for everything but I have a few and I certainly don't believe everything I am told.
I used to in the old days, and then along came the internet...
And now I don't believe anything I'm told...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I used to in the old days, and then along came the internet...
And now I don't believe anything I'm told...
Pre internet, I subscribed to Private Eye for 30 years ... more distrust in mainstream media.

But they weren't recruiting.

Currently conspiracy theorist are convincing the kids they are of superior intelligence now they're in on the secret. This is the attraction. And they rehearse the arguments & the counter argument.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-01-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Pre internet, I subscribed to Private Eye for 30 years ... more distrust in mainstream media.

But they weren't recruiting.

Currently conspiracy theorist are convincing the kids they are of superior intelligence now they're in on the secret. This is the attraction. And they rehearse the arguments & the counter argument.
Yeah, too much time on their hands, when I was young it was enough to be learning a trade and saving up for a house....Oh! and chasing women until I found one that I liked......
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 01:39 AM

How many conspiracy theorists and movements have actually managed to overturn government policies?

Which conspiracies have been shown to actually have happened?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top