Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:57 PM

Re: The Wedding of the Year.

Oh thank you all bless you I never saw the thread ! Thank you Judd for bringing if to the top for me.

Ok

Day dawned cool but sunny, groom and his best man went for a walk and whatever had gone wrong between them just after Christmas must have been discussed as they came back friends again which was a great relief to my husband and myself as we'd lost sleep over them.

All dressed and ready and car arrived so off we all went. Grace looked lovely in her pale blue dress with her pink bouquet.
Groom Jordan looked amazing in his uniform. Not seen his dress uniform on him before but he is a handsome chap at best of times so looked very nice in that. Nathan was in his national dress and looked lovely too. Very marked difference between them now in height I don't know what army feeds him but he's about six inches taller than his brother now.

Must say I felt like a tiny person among the army lads and the basket ball lads !

My husband was a bit shaky but holding it together, his aspergers has been getting bad just recently I think it's worry about the wedding day. But he was doing well.

Church was beautifully done the ladies doing the flowers excelled themselves with the displays.

After church we had some pictures taken outside and I really don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful bride as Ivanka.

Then off to the mosque and we had a huge surprise they don't usually have flowers at Muslim weddings here but because they knew we do they had dressed the mosque entrance way and hallway in the most lovely display of exotic flowers. We had the ceremony the imam was reading in both languages so all the English people knew what was being said which I thought was a lovely thing to do.
The ladies had painted Ivanka with henna on the journey to the mosque so she had a very different look at the mosque even more beautiful I thought.

After the mosque ceremony we were taken out the back of the building where they had set up an area to take pictures beautifully decorated with flowers and sari materials.

We then went to the reception and the fun began. Dancing was amazing I've never seen people have so much fun dancing as our Muslim guests did ! Food was lovely all vegetarian too so I enjoyed that a lot. We had the best party and my husband and I took grace home middle of if as she had fallen asleep and I wasn't far off ! We went back next morning and it was still in full swing ! Apparently 3 days is normal for a Muslim wedding party here, but we had to stop before that as we had to clean up the hall or we would have had a big bill but I think some of them went on somewhere afterwards. For all I know they might we still dancing even now

My husband then took me down to our caravan and had a bit of a melt down but he has gone to work today looking a bit more confident. I hadn't realised just how if was affecting him being among so many people.

Grace had time of her life and has been on the phone for two days to all her friends.

Nothing major went wrong but we did lose the imam between mosque and reception for about twenty minutes it turned out he misheard the directions and ended off zooming up the m25 muttering this can't be right much relief when he was found and I'm not sure who was happier him of us can you imagine the international incident if we'd lost him

I've got a fridge full of tiny foods left overs from the reception and my flat is like a flower shop with all the florals we had to find a home for.

Bride and groom were seen off to Greece this morning and we got a phone call saying they'd arrived at their destination and were not likely to ring again so we mustn't worry if we don't hear from them.

Ivankas mum has stayed on for a few days shopping but her dad went back to Poland as he needs to get back to work to pay for said shopping.

Grace took her Easter eggs to the reception and shared them out with the other children which we thought was lovely of her.

Jordan and Nathan's dad turned up at the mosque and behaved nicely but didn't want to come to the reception and that made them happy I think.

I think this may be longest post I've ever written
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:18 PM

Where's all these lovely photographs Julie darlin'??? - we all want to see them too!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:28 PM

I don't post photoes Uj never do. Long history behind that but without permission from people involved I wouldn't anyway.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't post photoes Uj never do. Long history behind that but without permission from people involved I wouldn't anyway.

Aw Shucks - disappointed!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-04-2017, 03:40 PM

Sorry Uj and everyone looking forward to them.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:01 PM

a good post and i laughed out loud at the imam going up the m25 ,
Hope your hubby is more himself now .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Aww Julie thanks for sharing all that with us. It sounds like a perfect day
I'm sure you will be glad of a bit of a rest and normality now though

Hops your husband is better again soon x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How about one of yourself in your wedding finery?
I love looking at wedding fashion.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:45 PM

Julie that sounds like a wonderful day. I am so happy for you that it all turned out well - apart from losing the Imam - I hope he had a good sense of humour !

Shame about not being able to see the photos - but I do understand why.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Thanks Julie, for the update!

I agree with you about not sharing photos of family and friends, on the internet. Wise decision.

Hope hubby is ok now.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top