Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:56 PM

Re: Is there anything you miss.

I miss the hustle and bustle, the fun, the laughter, the up’s and downs of the close family unit we had when the children were young and at home.
Having five children it was always hectic and l want to savour that wonderful close feeling of just being all together, under one roof .. a happy family.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I miss the hustle and bustle, the fun, the laughter, the up’s and downs of the close family unit we had when the children were young and at home.
Having five children it was always hectic and l want to savour that wonderful close feeling of just being all together, under one roof .. a happy family.
How lovely,Art..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:06 PM

I miss being unable to do jobs about the house like I used to be able to do. Nowadays I can’t stand for long before pains in my back set in.

Last year when in lockdown, I did decide to wallpaper the dining room ..... I found it was hard work and Mr M was unable to help much with his own health problems. After it was finished, I decided I was too old go up and down step ladders now and that would be my last attempt.

Most of all, I miss being able to see my children an grandchildren, especially our son who lives in Wales.

Time is running out
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:09 PM

PS, l forgot to say, l can still shift 3x2 concrete slabs, no sweat!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Awww, Bless You sweetie, big cyber hug.
Thanks for that! Once I get my PM's authorised in a couple of months, we can have a cuppa and a chat if you like. x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:12 PM

Surely not at the same time ,as in together?

I can shift a concrete slab, only one though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-02-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Thanks for that! Once I get my PM's authorised in a couple of months, we can have a cuppa and a chat if you like. x
I would love that,Pixie.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Is this something you do for fun?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

This may sound a bit strange, but I miss the days of looking forward to going to work! Each career I had, three, I found ways to create new avenues of doing things, always curious to get input from coworkers, and striving to do the best job I could to make the others around me welcome changes and actually be proud of their accomplishments. I loved each supervisor/boss I worked with, especially the old crimes unit at the state police! Looking for clues to horrible murders others may have missed in depositions, scanning evidence pics, death scenes, well, I felt like I was part of a team.
Somehow, emptying a vacumn cleaner cannister and admiring a clean carpet doesn't fulfill my sense of a job well done.
ETA - Retired from full time work four years now, last one of course, with Covid lockdown.....better days may be ahead!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Is this something you do for fun?
Necessity, usually!
Anyway, l ‘walk’ them these days!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top