Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:33 PM

Re: Gladiator

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bakerman has just reminded me - I never came back with my opinion of the film.

Viewed as a slice of history - it was seriously flawed.

Viewed as an all action, good guys versus bad guys, film - it was brilliant. Am still not keen on Russell Crowe and his one facial expression - but the rest of the cast were superb. Loved Ollie Reed and Richard Harris. The music was great.

I am glad that I bought it - and will certainly watch it again.
These days Tabby we have to remind ourselves that these films are Fiction....And not to be confused with any actual people....

Although some young people think they are based on actual historic events.....

If it's on the telly and Reeta Chakrabarti is reading it, then it must be true, according to most people....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Re: Gladiator

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ..... once the old suspension of disbelief kicks in then it's a brilliant old-fashioned sword'n'sandal movie .....
Quite true. The object of many film directors, depending upon the film, is to keep the audience entertained until suspension of disbelief kicks in. Had the screen writer used a different Caesar other than Marcus Aurelius, we, the audience, would have accepted the film more readily.
In any event, I usually enjoy "period pieces".

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top