Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:03 AM

Re: I Have No Internet.... Boo Hoo! Please Send Food Parcels

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'm having trouble with TalkTalk and have no internet so am having to use my phone!
Please send food parcels and keep me in touch and uplifted until l receive my new router.
If you get desperate and if you have a generous data allowance on your mobile phone then it is possible to use the phone as a temporary "router" (mobile hotspot/tethering) but your new router should be with you soon, hopefully .....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
If you get desperate and if you have a generous data allowance on your mobile phone then it is possible to use the phone as a temporary "router" (mobile hotspot/tethering) but your new router should be with you soon, hopefully .....
An expensive way, tethering.
Almost all providers do not allow this in their inclusive bundles.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Being sarky as always. Tesco broadband was excellent, they even had an English speaking help line but as soon as they sold out to TalkCrap I have lots of problems.
Yes, he was being sarky alright!

What you need to know is that all of these 'top of the range' routers that they send to you 'free of charge' are more 'bottom of the crap'. My Virgin Media router is pretty much the same.

The better ones you have to buy yourself, although independent makers' routers don't seem to connect to VM's cable for some reason. I don't know about Talktalk, though, but I have heard they're not the best.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
An expensive way, tethering.
Almost all providers do not allow this in their inclusive bundles.
Three, Tesco, BT and TalkTalk are amongst those who do permit tethering:

http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/te...on-uk-networks

Tesco Mobile

On Tesco Mobile, you can tether at no extra cost on all tariffs that have an inclusive data allowance.

Three

Three allows you to tether on all of their Pay Monthly contracts at no extra cost.

BT Mobile

As of June 2016, BT Mobile has changed their policy so as to allow tethering on all tariffs. This includes Pay Monthly contracts with a new handset and SIM-only deals.

TalkTalk Mobile

You can tether on all current tariffs available from TalkTalk Mobile.
I'm with BT Mobile and I get 200 mins, Unlimited Texts and 500MB Data for £5.00 pm (discounted, SIM-only).
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 07:53 AM

Some 'Internet down' time perhaps doesn't hurt. We probably all spend too much time on computers, the Internet and social media of one kind or another. I sometimes pine for the old days when none of it was around. The trouble is I can't give a good reason for thinking this.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Some 'Internet down' time perhaps doesn't hurt. We probably all spend too much time on computers, the Internet and social media of one kind or another. I sometimes pine for the old days when none of it was around. The trouble is I can't give a good reason for thinking this.
That's because you have been partially Digitized.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:33 AM

You need comfort food Art so I some you some cake.
Chin up - it's not the end of the world!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 11:29 AM

I'm having trouble with TalkTalk and have no internet so am having to use my phone!
Please send food parcels and keep me in touch and uplifted until l receive my new router.
I love you all and don't forget me......
Only just caught up with you Arty. Birthday celebrations, Tour de France, finish Wallpapering, and fitting in the running.......And some bloke is coming round to fit a new boiler next week so it's been a bit hectic here. Sorry to hear your life support system is being interfered with.....Look out for a parachute drop of essential items.....Chocolates, flowers and spectacles so you can see the digits on your phone......Oh, and a hug....

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Is she making some new Windows?
Not that sort of Router Tpin.......do keep up....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:21 PM

Pesta, Do you have no compassion? Do you know how hard it is to type on your phone? Ok, l l'll say anything you want. ....
I love you, l want to marry you.... Will that do?

This has taken me ages to type on my phone!! TalkTalk come back all is forgiven!!
Have you not got a tablet of some description? I can use my phone as a portable hotspot and connect my tablet to that when I'm out and about.

Failing that - Internet Cafe?

ETA - I'm with GiffGaff 4G
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:10 PM

Knock, Knock

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top