Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Re: Wealth

Originally Posted by Azure ->
This is from the Bible Matthew Chapter 6

In essence it means that if you acquire possessiones, and great wealth throughg greed, fame, and pleasure, and reject God and the teachings of Jesus, your soul will be damned
you will end up in the Fires of Hell, even if you are a billionaire.

Money can't buy salvation.

This is a Christian beleive.
A load of tosh with no evidence to support it!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Plenty on here like to brag about their wealth and how the hoi polloi should just "put up with it".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:30 AM

I haven't noticed anyone bragging about their wealth. Are there any millionaires on this forum?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 09:45 AM

I expect anyone who owns property in London is probably one Tara, little good it does them though as we all need a roof over our heads.

Actually Purwell I haven't seen any bragging either?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

15-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I expect anyone who owns property in London is probably one Tara, little good it does them though as we all need a roof over our heads.

Actually Purwell I haven't seen any bragging either?
To be considered wealthy these days you need to have a good few million in the bank.

Often people have worked hard for the money they have earned. It is usually the workshy who moan about the perceived wealth of others.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Having worked in all types of houses from Esher to Wandsworth which covers from one extreme to the other. So many times have I observed that those less well off are happier and have more friends than those in upmarket areas. These people are more concerned about status and on upmanship with the only friends that are hangers on.

So wealth comes in many forms -happiness-financial- friendship-loyality- family-health, not neccessarily in that order .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Plenty on here like to brag about their wealth and how the hoi polloi should just "put up with it".
Who has done that purwell ? We've had lively debates about how the system works but I've never felt anyone said or meant they are bragging or saying put up with your lot.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
To be considered wealthy these days you need to have a good few million in the bank.

Often people have worked hard for the money they have earned. It is usually the workshy who moan about the perceived wealth of others.
Not always t, many people work hard long hours and never get half of what other work shy people get. We don't live in a fair society if we did no one would be able to moan about their lot they could just work harder. It doesn't work like that.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
define wealthy
Lear Jet on standby at Cardiff Airport.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Are you fed up with Wealthy Folks telling you wealth ain't important?
No one has said that to me Paul and no to me wealth is not important

I wouldn't want to be wealthy I am happy being poor .

If you are wealthy it must be difficult to look forward to 'the little things in life', those things which can be easily bought must lose their novelty if they are freely available every day.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top