Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Re: Online Glasses

I followed the Boss Lady's private aircraft from Jersey to several points in the UK. Assumed she was visiting branches?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:50 AM

We have our eyes tested at Specsavers but buy our prescriptions at glasses for you . Saves a fortune. Never have a problem with them so why pay extortionate prices
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
I followed the Boss Lady's private aircraft from Jersey to several points in the UK. Assumed she was visiting branches?

What are you talking about?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We have our eyes tested at Specsavers but buy our prescriptions at glasses for you . Saves a fortune. Never have a problem with them so why pay extortionate prices
I think Specsavers spectacle prices are exceptionally reasonable.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:59 AM

I would never buy on-line specs unless they were just for reading..I DO buy My contact lenses on-line as they're much cheaper than buying at opticians.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think Specsavers spectacle prices are exceptionally reasonable.
Do you really think so?

I always come out of there around £300 lighter, more if I go for a better frame
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:44 AM

It all depends on Your prescription,I'm very shortsighted and need to have the lenses ground down to be thinner,I also need a prism on one lense,plus anti-glare etc'...it all adds to the cost (a small fortune)..I went to specsavers once..never again..I prefer My local optician because I know They take more time to get it right.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
It all depends on Your prescription,I'm very shortsighted and need to have the lenses ground down to be thinner,I also need a prism on one lense,plus anti-glare etc'...it all adds to the cost (a small fortune)..I went to specsavers once..never again..I prefer My local optician because I know They take more time to get it right.
Thats the problem, the hidden extras

The start price is just £69 for varifocals, add the thinning, the anti glare, the better lens so you can actually see, plastic instead of glass - and bang - £300 +

Now I cant fault our local Specsavers. They really are fantastic and I can be in there for hours whilst getting prescribed. Also when I got a sore eye ( was an ulcer, I thought it was grit ) I popped in to ask them to take a look, they were straight on the phone to the hospital and I was seen straight away
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Just had our eyes tested, no charge. I have bought two new pairs of distance specs, £69 for two, and my husband has bought two pairs of reading specs, £89 for two, cheap or what?
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 01:48 PM

I went to a local optician yesterday to have my eyes tested and get new glasses. I only went in last week 'cos a lens hed come out and i was asking them to fix it, but she convinced me i needed a test. So 3pr of glasses; reading; distance, and for using the computer, and then a tint on the distance ones, and anti-glare on the others, I'm sitting there watching the numbers going up, but it is only once every 2 years, and i more positive of what i've got than if i'd bought online.
I've got diplopia (double vision), i'd worry an online test didn't take that into consideration.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top