Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 06:22 PM

Re: The name's Bond, James Bond

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
... Might be difficult to get past the Johnny English image though...
One might be forgiven for thinking so. But if you've ever seen Atkinson put on a serious face (even for a second) then you'll forget you've ever doubted his abilities. Funny you mention Johnny English. Watch him as he navigates the corridors, not very long into the film. He loses his way, but he accomplishes it with such poise!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Can't agree I'm afraid. Craig has, for me, ruined the Bond genre. His rough, rugged, thuggish Bond is a far cry from the Bond I envisage. The Craig bond comes across thick as . . . a plank and would struggle to open a tin of beans and likely be happier to whip out his PPK and shoot it instead. The sooner he is ditched the better TBH.

Bond should, imo, be suave, impeccable, clever, shrewd, able to triumph with brain over brawn and be able to operate effectively in all environments. Brosnan was a great Bond whose lifespan was over all too quickly but Connery will always be the Daddy.
I agree , I don"t think Ian Fleming would have particulary approved, Craig is too Gung Ho for my liking.
Sean was the one for me , epitomised every thing that was James Bond.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Personally I think the latest film "Spectre" is one too far for Craig,and indeed for Bond,it just didn't do it for me.
I agree to me they are really scraping the barrel now.
No particular sophistication as the novels IMO were.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I agree , I don"t think Ian Fleming would have particulary approved, Craig is too Gung Ho for my liking.....
I agree, but someone, somewhere claims that had I actually read any of Ian Fleming's works (I haven't) that I'd realize Craig is truer to Flemings portrayal. Have you read him?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:33 PM

I just can't take to Craig at all, never have done. Don't know what folk see in him

Eeee, but you can't beat Sean and Pierce for me

| sometimes wonder if Jason Statham would make a good Bond (and I'm not sure I really like him, but he does seem to be growing on me). Think he's probably a bit rough though.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Pierce Brosnan for me too. Tall, dark, handsome and an accent that makes me swoooon
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Lewis Collins ( TV series the professionals) once went up for the role of bond but cubbi broccoli thought he was too violent
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

17-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Actually, 006 would have made an excellent 007 if not for his parentage.

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:17 PM

Connery 1st Brosnan 2nd for me.....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Lewis Collins ( TV series the professionals) once went up for the role of bond but cubbi broccoli thought he was too violent
He could have made a good Bond actually..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top