Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Re: My Cats

Thanks for that link, Bob.b, clicked too! What a nice idea.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 07:21 PM

You're welcome, I think it's a great idea as well so I bookmarked the site
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 04:16 PM

I am a dog person but also have had cats, I like the way you talk to them and they answer you, also I love their independence, you are lucky if one dains to live in your house.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 04:47 PM

With the exception of a 3 year gap while my Mom insisted our missing cat would come home, I've had cats since I was 5 ..... cannot imagine a catless house. It felt very weird when Leia was staying at a friends while I recuperated from surgery.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 07:17 PM

As far back as I can remember we have always had pets, sometimes dogs, sometime cats and several times both at the same time so yes, a home without one or the other would indeed seem alien to us. In November 2002 our Siamese cat named Suzie passed away at the ripe old age of 22 and a couple of months before that happened a stray kitten appeared under one of our trees at the back of the house and has been with us ever since, yes that's Lucky and she has grown to be such an affectionate cat, even used to eat and drink next to old Suzie and was always near her when outside, just as if she knew that Suzie was on her way out, bless her and when we had her eventually put down we planted a rose bush on the very spot that she used to lie in the garden, that bush has become a prolific bloomer and strangely enough Lucky always lies under it to have a nap when the weather is dry enough.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

18-07-2011, 08:18 PM

What a sweet story, Bob! I imagine Lucky knows, I'm convinced cats do have some form of ESP!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

19-07-2011, 09:54 PM

I always think that felines are so intelligent, seem to know what is about to happen on many occasions.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:57 PM

Lovely cats.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
I always think that felines are so intelligent, seem to know what is about to happen on many occasions.
We've discussed this on our sister forum Catsey, and almost every cat seems to know when she/he is going to the vet .......and vanishes
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

20-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Lucky is no different lol, always have to make sure she is in the house and secure when the visits to the vet come around then it's no messing, shove her into her carrier and lock her in until we depart to said vet, funnily enough we don't have the same trouble on the return journey, she makes a bee-line for her carrier as soon as the vet has finished with her

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top