Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:47 AM

Re: Tearful Nurse Begs the Hoarders to STOP.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I was at Currys yesterday because my combination oven has broken and the man told me every single freezer ....is sold . Let's hope the electricity supply doesn't pack up now and all that frozen food goes to waste.
I was discussing this with my mother a couple of days ago. What with flooding and all the storms lately causing damage to power infrastructure I can hardly imagine what might happen if a few thousand homes lost power for any length of time. All the food lost and even worse behaviour from the hoarding rabble.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
panic buying is already at it's worst and the UK has not even reached epidemic levels of the virus like other nations have. If supermarkets are empty now, it's going to be 1000 times worse when the virus hits the UK like it has Italy. How people are coping with getting food in Italy i don't know but if people in the UK are struggling to get essentials now, I predict not only deaths from the virus but deaths from starvation.

Dodge if necessary we must eat less .
More people die from obesity related illnesses than starvation .
We are not going to starve in the UK.

Now is the time for ration books as it seems the brain dead cannot get around the issue of being sensible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:19 AM

I am trying to cut down on food to make it go further, Mr Mags is doing the same. Hopefully we will get through this.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:48 AM

I guess this is a huge embarrassment for her now. She was tired and skyping a colleague who recorded it and uploaded it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:21 PM

Put up job. Propaganda.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:37 PM

I really think the government are seriously thinking of printing and issuing ration books. In fact they may have already done so.
Things just cannot go on as they are now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I really think the government are seriously thinking of printing and issuing ration books. In fact they may have already done so.
Things just cannot go on as they are now.
Absolute agree.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 06:35 PM

Yes I wish they would do just that. I remember seeing Ration Books when I was a child, they had stopped using them but there were some in our house.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top