Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:43 PM

Re: Freedom of speech ruling

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thinking about it, I don’t believe I would make a stand at being verbally abused, it happens, let alone make a case about it, they need to learn to deal with it, why the need to involve others.

You can’t be wrapped in cotton wool, get out there deal with it by yourself as an adult.
Absolutely Pauline, some people need to grow a pair!

In my day it was "Sticks and Stones".....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:42 PM

It's only going to get worse "Working From Home".
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely Pauline, some people need to grow a pair!

In my day it was "Sticks and Stones".....
Sticks and stones etc ---

The reality is that names can and do hurt many people in many cases and can cause people to gang up against someone resulting in real shtick. Trust me, I know these things.

However if it's a case of not liking what people call you, that's a very different matter. Live with it, but to continually face ridicule then either ignore it, grow thick skin / scar tissue, or repeat "dilligaf" to yourself.

Some of you may need to Google "dilligaf" - but in most cases with you guys I doubt it!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

The reality is that names can and do hurt many people in many cases and can cause people to gang up against someone resulting in real shtick. Trust me, I know these things.

However if it's a case of not liking what people call you, that's a very different matter. Live with it, but to continually face ridicule then either ignore it, grow thick skin / scar tissue, or repeat "dilligaf" to yourself.

Some of you may need to Google "dilligaf" - but in most cases with you guys I doubt it!

That is a good point “ continued ridicule”..unless you know how to deal with it,or understand why some people ridicule, it’s a tough one,..I do know what it is like to be continually ridiculed it can and does do a lot of damage,.....obviously it’s different for everyone ( being ridiculed).....never take it personally now in hindsight, ain’t life interesting.

Understanding it was the key for me.

I dilligaf now,😂🤣😅, as long as I’m happy with my behaviour, no one has the right to tell anyone how to behave or what to say.

You can only wake yourself up to your own behaviour!.

Some peoples are good at pointing the finger at others,when in reality they need to take a good look at themselves, which I believe we have all pointed the finger.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:26 PM

The epithet "gammon" seems quite popular among snowflakes these days and, presumably, would include me in the description.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, especially as I can't see the connection anyway. I don't like pork products.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:55 PM

Where does name calling and harmless banter end, and bullying begin though Todger.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 02:00 PM

Where does name calling and harmless banter end, and bullying begin though Todger.....

Harmless banter to you?...what is harmless banter?...harmless to you maybe,

We are all affected differently OGF.

When it becomes relentless, it can and does wear a person down.( constant ridicule)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 02:04 PM

There's not so much a line as a depletion zone. If someone calls me a Jewish Bastard irrespective of the correctness of anything and they do so occasionally such as after I've pulled off a deal involving a whole lot of chutzpah then that's fine but do it continually and there comes a point when they find themselves adding "Ouch!" immediately afterwards. Trust me, it has happened.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-12-2020, 02:05 PM

When it becomes relentless, it can and does wear a person down.( constant ridicule)
Bang on the button Pauline.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 03:43 PM

This is why it is important to consider to whom you are saying such things. Even on here.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top