Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Re: Is there any hope for mankind?

Wow Bob, that is SOME bike!! Love it!!

June x
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by june1958 ->
Wow Bob, that is SOME bike!! Love it!!

June x
2300cc engine with 106HP and 154 ft lbs of torque. I've added a few things since the first picture like a custom solo saddle, taller windscreen, a huge top trunk that can hold 2 ful-faced helmets and cruise control.

The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2010, 03:02 PM

These are my current bikes. The first bike is a complete custom, not a 'chopper' in the traditional sense. That's "Black Betty." Her engine has been completely re-built, as well as her suspension.

The little silver one is the new Sportster 48. I actually had it insured as my business vehicle. It now has a roll on the back so I can make deliveries to chefs after I finish with their knives.

As for slang, I am a club member, but not an outlaw or a 1%er. Granted we look exactly the same, but it's a very important distinction among ourselves.--Chico

mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 07:18 PM

Nope, there is no hope. Nor is it any good singing the melting pot song (tsk I bet I will be singing that all night now) because if we were all coffee coloured and look the same I would get confused with which country I am in.

As for weapons .... nothing wrong with pillow fights I tell you.

very grumpy tonight
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 07:23 PM

There is hope and size does matter

Nothing like a big compost heap.

And males it`s not size-just technique

But if you are truly inadequate I guess letting off a big bomb satisfies some primeval need?
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 08:25 PM

OG you haven't eaten any reality sandwiches lately There never was any hope
To go to war or not to go to war isn't down to Joe Public, and never has been, it is down to World leaders who presume, on our behalf that it is in our interests and for eventual world peace and harmony countries should invade some Country with some feeble excuses that they are a threat with offers of help with other people scrapping too.
The Western world thinks it is the best and most civilised way to live, but the deeper reasons are the West want to rule the world and they don't want to lose important things like oil either!!!
I remember a few years ago, a tribe that was found by an expedition where they hadn't even invented the wheel yet, so do you enlighten them or leave them to discover on their own? I don't know what the outcome was - but I reckon the temptation would have been to corrupt them like the rest of us!!

June x
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Au contraire you saucy mare-note the `Del boy` use of foreign language and rhyming banter.There has always been hope,it`s just that some have a long way to go. We had the `War to end all wars` and still.............?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUsUigWw19A
june1958
Lancashire

05-08-2010, 12:35 PM

We aren't even interested in saving animals from extinction or global warming, - another marker that indicates we are well and truly on our way out along with them!
I'm hoping my son joins something worthwhile like Greeenpeace or conservation.
June x
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 07:32 PM

I think that there is hope - there always has been hope. If there is no hope then we might as well all jump out of the boat now. It sounds very trite but we really are "dead in the water" (very nautical ) if we don't keep on trying to get on with each other to achieve a more peaceful World. It is the same with conservation, mankind has to work at it collectively, to preserve what we have and to find ways of living without destroying everything. I won't be pessimistic and it is vital not to give up, even though some gross misjudgements are made. World leaders take decisions on our behalf, but they are still only people - I might be considered naive and idealistic, but East does meet with West and I don't think World leaders take decisions in isolation or lightly.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

05-08-2010, 09:04 PM

We aren't even interested in saving animals from extinction

Are we not? go back a couple of hundred years,the dodo,the passenger pigeon,and almost the bison.

There is more interest now in saving species than has ever been-it`s just that it`s in the public eye and those who are destroying the habitat might have a bit more cash/political influence?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top