Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Re: There is a tradition in Wales

I support England and I'm Scottish. The thing is that Scotland or Ireland didn't qualify so it's good to support a team especially when they are good and have a chance.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m English but I like the Welsh and have no reason not to like them ... whereas Mr Mags hates them but only when they beat us at rugby
Which is extremely rare
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think there was the possibility of trouble if England had been playing Russia next, not least because Putin keeps telling his people that Britain wishes to Nuke them. So playing Croatia next was a good result for English fans I reckon.
Speaking to my brother's Russian fiancee, she says that every Russian she or her children have spoken to, are backing England. They say that England have played brilliantly and are a credit to all youngsters. Also they will be playing the team that just knocked them out of the cup!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Speaking to my brother's Russian fiancee, she says that every Russian she or her children have spoken to, are backing England. They say that England have played brilliantly and are a credit to all youngsters. Also they will be playing the team that just knocked them out of the cup!
I hadn't thought of that Shrops, I suppose that makes sense. That's good, more support will certainly help. I hope.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 10:17 PM

The media seem to have 'Got it in' for the Russians for some reason, especially the BBC....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I hate football and with good reason.

I am a Rugby Man.

I can go to Cardiff or Parc de France, support my team, drink with the locals and never feel threatened.

Win or lose, it is a good day out for all.

I expect to be be ribbed when we lose, I will rib when we win.

There is never any violence.

Why is Football so different?
Because it is socker... geddit?

No trouble with footie out here whether NRL or AFL the supporters go the same club afterwards to enjoy a drink together. Though they might barrack each other.

Only at soccer games is there any violence but that is probably because it is such a pissweak game that violence in the crowd is the only entertainment.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:25 PM

I don't have a competitive bone in my body, I couldn't care less who wins any competition, be it sport or anything else.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:31 PM

I have decided not to post on here because I am not in the least bit interested in football.

Oops!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't have a competitive bone in my body, I couldn't care less who wins any competition, be it sport or anything else.
Surely we are all competitive, don’t you try to do things better than last time? Cooking something, growing something?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Because it is socker... geddit?

No trouble with footie out here whether NRL or AFL the supporters go the same club afterwards to enjoy a drink together. Though they might barrack each other.

Only at soccer games is there any violence but that is probably because it is such a pissweak game that violence in the crowd is the only entertainment.
well you lot are no good at it as you were dumped out quickly.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top