Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Re: Friendship Well Defined!

I like it!
Starts with a smile then a chat then gradually grows into something only friendship knows!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 10:39 PM

Ian, your post on friendship had me reaching for my quotation book. I had thought the following to have been penned by John Donne or John Evelyn, but it was RObert Owen.

.All the world is queer save thee and me, and thee’s a little queer.

That could only be said in a true friendship.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Ian, your post on friendship had me reaching for my quotation book. I had thought the following to have been penned by John Donne or John Evelyn, but it was RObert Owen.

.All the world is queer save thee and me, and thee’s a little queer.

That could only be said in a true friendship.
That sounds so funny today. We had a radio show for consumers and the fella used to say at the end of the show "Don't forget if you have a query friend I'd like to hear from you"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 11:10 PM

Extraordinary circumstance sometimes means someone has to watch ones back, is this friendship.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 01:52 AM

Oscar Wilde defined friendship as a person who stabs you in the front. Obviously the man did not believe in fruendship
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 03:41 AM

Best buddy knows me better than I know meself, 'nough said
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 04:06 AM

I was lucky enough to have 3 wonderful friends.
Sadly they've all died over the last few years, the most recent being September. They weren't that old, but cancer, diabetes (undiagnosed), and a heart condition, took each one of them.
I miss them lots.
For those of you that have great friends, make sure you appreciate them while you can.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:20 AM

I have lots of acquaintances, no true friends except for my wife, and I'm a little suspicious of that.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I was lucky enough to have 3 wonderful friends.
Sadly they've all died over the last few years, the most recent being September. They weren't that old, but cancer, diabetes (undiagnosed), and a heart condition, took each one of them.
I miss them lots.
For those of you that have great friends, make sure you appreciate them while you can.
So true..............
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

02-12-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Oscar Wilde defined friendship as a person who stabs you in the front. Obviously the man did not believe in fruendship
"Stabs you in in the front"

great quote Eyes.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top