Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Re: Naming offspring?

But were they called January or September or August??

I called my daughter Georgina after watching a play about Ruth Ellis, the actress was Georgina Hale. Strange how names come about.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 02:53 AM

I have a pair of great grandchildren twins - both girls - called, wait for it - Shyla-June and Neveah (Heaven backwards). It's madness but what can you do. It's become the norm to want "special" names for kids but I agree with the post about the name not doing it!

On the other hand I once had a class of all girls and there were five Emily's in it!!

My partner's name is Colin and his youngest son from his first marriage is also called Colin - that's something I wouldn't do. This son is now 33 and still has to be known as "little" Colin or Colin Junior when talking about him so people know which one is being referred to. It's just a thorough nuisance and I also wonder what it does to a person's psyche to be referred to as "little " all their life??
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:01 AM

I like the idea of the three childrens names made out of Johnathon I don't think that's too bad.
How about being a girl and being called North West
I watch a programme called Rookie Blue and one of the stars is called
Lyriq Bent. Whats all that about.
In my family we don't have any unusual names. In my case I wanted
my two sons names to go well with their surname as I think a good
solid name and surname does you well in your life.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 12:01 PM

Well ... having been talked out of Veronica - my mother opted to name me after her favourite school teacher - a NUN !! Big mistake!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 06:06 PM

No I'm not, Cranberry, lived there for a while...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:35 PM

When my wife and I named our Daughter, it was because we liked the name, not because it had any similarity to our names (which it doesn't).

My personal opinion is that as long as it is a "normal" name (I.E. Not "Apple" or "Banana") then call your children what you like.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:39 PM

My aunties were Ivy Belmontia and Agatha Theodora one was also called Euphemia! So things are not really that bad!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 01:34 PM

Hows this for daft - George Foreman named his sons ......
George Jnr - George 1 - George 11 - George 111 - George 1V - George V
and George V1 ....... Lack of imagination or couldn't be bothered
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 06:52 PM

I like those names Twizard, like something from an Agatha Christie mystery.

You're joking Patsy?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Its true !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top