Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Re: snail Mail

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They were fined earlier this month for late deliveries.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...charging-ofcom
Sounds like a good way to improve your prpfits,(if any?)
Swimmy??
Fine yourself!?!?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 12:53 PM

No complaints from me, most stuff that I post first class arrives the following day. In fact last week I posted 3 lots of my home made face masks to London, Pevensey and a village in Norfolk, and all arrived in less than 24 hours, which considering they were posted in a small town in N.Ireland I think this is damn good service! The package that went to Norfolk was then posted from the village that same day, ie Friday, to Basel in Switzerland and it arrived on Monday!

It sounds like your problem, Real Speed, could be local, maybe with your sorting office?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
No complaints from me, most stuff that I post first class arrives the following day. In fact last week I posted 3 lots of my home made face masks to London, Pevensey and a village in Norfolk, and all arrived in less than 24 hours, which considering they were posted in a small town in N.Ireland I think this is damn good service! The package that went to Norfolk was then posted from the village that same day, ie Friday, to Basel in Switzerland and it arrived on Monday!

It sounds like your problem, Real Speed, could be local, maybe with your sorting office?

Maybe they are working with a lot less staff, or people off with Covid even.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 05:16 PM

We have no chance of getting a first class delivery if we don't post our letters before 9.00am each day. If we post at 9.30am or later it stays in the post box until the following day. Therefore, it cannot be called first class. The only way I can get a first class letter delivered for the next day is if I trek across town and post it about 5 miles from my home where the post is collected at 4.00pm each day. This post box is in Tesco. It's absolute rubbish. I expect very little from British Telecom these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
We have no chance of getting a first class delivery if we don't post our letters before 9.00am each day. If we post at 9.30am or later it stays in the post box until the following day. Therefore, it cannot be called first class. The only way I can get a first class letter delivered for the next day is if I trek across town and post it about 5 miles from my home where the post is collected at 4.00pm each day. This post box is in Tesco. It's absolute rubbish. I expect very little from British Telecom these days.

That is the same here too Aerolor, except my nearest post box is emptied about 9.30-ish.

I remember when these boxes used to be emptied a couple of times a day, but not any more. We also used to get two deliveries a day, but that went out the window a long time ago here.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 10:35 PM

Christmas 2018, I posted a card to a friend , we live in the same village...
it was delivered october 2019, so last Christmas ,I hand delivered it
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 10:45 PM

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 03:47 PM

Our local Letter Box has a "Priority Mail Box" sticker on it. It gets emptied at least twice/day except Sunday.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:11 PM

The United States Postal Service is in crisis here. They can no longer guarantee such critical deliveries as absentee ballots anymore.

Costs have been going up as private companies are producing a better product more efficiently and inexpensively, but they have no responsibility to the citizens - just to the shareholders of their companies.

As much of a democratic capitalist as I am, I can see why we as a nation, early on, took on the responsibility of to the delivering the mail.

Just this week, my mother received an important check - 11 days after being postmarked. Unacceptable.

The problem is not with the USPS, per say, but the whittling away of their efficiency with underfunding and a lack of oversight.

Why the underfunding? Because we have massive overspending and waste in virtually ever other budgetary item in our massive budget

We need to scrap the entire federal budget and start over.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 08:36 PM

Delivery here is by 'Wells Fargo', and I often get other peoples mail as well.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top