Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2015, 12:18 PM

Re: Mrs. Oldbugger

Welcome Susan, as you know we all loved the Old Bugger Jim and will miss him terribly but to have you join us is lovely and hopefully we can help you come to terms with your loss. As someone has already said Jim would be well pleased that you have made this step to join us. God bless.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2015, 01:39 PM

Hello Susan, looking forward to getting to know you
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
So nice to see you here, Susan. One day at a time, eh? I hope we can be of some support to you here during such a difficult time for you.
You are right, one day at a time. That song (by Lena Martell) was playing in the car today in fact, ironically.

I'm very tired tonight - it has been a long day, including a visit to the doctors for the results of a check-up to make sure I am still cancer free - which I am. I would say "thankfully", but I'm still of the mindset that if I were to die soon it may not be a bad thing, I'd see Jim again.

Looking on the positives though, I'm healthy.

I'll log in again tomorrow morning and peruse the threads.

thank you all for your welcomes, they mean a lot to me.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 09:07 AM

Hope you had a good night's sleep and feel more refreshed today, Susan.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 09:35 AM

So lovely that you are a member of our forum. I'm sure you will be so happy here.
Hopefully as time goes by your memories of Jim will be pleasurable ones and not of sad ones. Keep up the good spirit Susan.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 09:38 AM

Hello Susan, and welcome. I keep forgetting to welcome new members, but I had to make an exception in your case!

Hope you find comfort in chatting with us all. Best wishes.
Janet
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hello Susan, and welcome. I keep forgetting to welcome new members, but I had to make an exception in your case!

Hope you find comfort in chatting with us all. Best wishes.
Janet
Thank you Janet, I appreciate that. It is indeed comforting being able to talk with people who knew Jim.

I am only sad that I didn't join sooner! When Jim signed up he said that this was a great place and that I should become a member, but I never did.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Thank you Janet, I appreciate that. It is indeed comforting being able to talk with people who knew Jim.

I am only sad that I didn't join sooner! When Jim signed up he said that this was a great place and that I should become a member, but I never did.
Well, if it wasn't what you wanted at the time...there's no pressure on you even now. Talk to us as much or as little as you like. We understand.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Great to see you flying the flag Susan

ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.

29-08-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well, if it wasn't what you wanted at the time...there's no pressure on you even now. Talk to us as much or as little as you like. We understand.
The thing is, I wish I had as I now know that it would have been something that I wanted. But like so many things Jim suggested I dismissed it.

It is unfortunate that we only realise some things when it is too late.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top