Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Re: Hard beds....

I'd not thought about a foam/feather mattress topper but we have a merino wool (blanket trip) topper which has lost its softness over the years. Not sure the two would work together though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art thread counts can be very misleading and some bedding with a lower TPIs can be better quality that those with a higher count.

This is because some manufactures cheat and count every fiber which is twisted to make a thread while some just count the twisted threads.
Meg, I always buy my bed linen from House Of Fraser, usually in the sales! I have found my purchases from there to be of good quality. I always liked Dorma bed linen but I'm not sure they still exist?

I forgot to say, my favourite duvet cover is by Sanderson!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the link Meg. I did gasp a bit at the price but I'm going to keep a note and look for some in the sales.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for the link Meg. I did gasp a bit at the price but I'm going to keep a note and look for some in the sales.

Carol, I wouldn't pay the inflated prices they normally charge! When you buy them in the sales at heavily slashed prices, you wonder what they bought them in for in the first place!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:40 PM

No I won't Art ... I'll look out for them in the sales.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Our bed is too hard !
It cost an arm and a leg at John Lewis .
I have since bought a topper ( not memory foam they are too hot ) and it's somewhat better.
I only ever use cotton sheets but I have some 400 ones that make the duvet just too heavy .
I don't like a heavy as opposed from cosy feeling in bed .
Despite all this I sleep very very badly wherever I am .
I would love to sleep the sleep of a child again .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

06-02-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I'd not thought about a foam/feather mattress topper but we have a merino wool (blanket trip) topper which has lost its softness over the years. Not sure the two would work together though.
Oh I remember the 'Blanket trips' I've been on a few of those in the past but never bought anything.

Just went for the free ride!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:22 PM

We only went for the free trip too Carol, but ended up buying the full bed set!! No regrets though, we've have had them many years.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Our bed is too hard !
It cost an arm and a leg at John Lewis .
I have since bought a topper ( not memory foam they are too hot ) and it's somewhat better.
I only ever use cotton sheets but I have some 400 ones that make the duvet just too heavy .
I don't like a heavy as opposed from cosy feeling in bed .
Despite all this I sleep very very badly wherever I am .
I would love to sleep the sleep of a child again .

Me too
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:39 PM

I sleep on a hybrid.....but enough about him

It is half memory foam and half pocket springs.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top