Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 04:58 PM

Re: Do you read online newspapers?

I do see people, mostly older folks, going to the local convenience store to buy their daily newspaper.

But circulation is dropping because of electronic media. We used to get a lot of business supplying electrical equipment to paper mills making newsprint.

Many have now closed because of lack of demand for the product.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But with it being a British published newspaper it should be 'Mum'!!
You going to become "Jazzy" now then?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You going to become "Jazzy" now then?
No. Next silly question.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I only really read the paper online if I wish to provide a link for a thread, otherwise I will just watch the News on TV. I have always been a big fan of the DM but it has turned into a comic. Mrs LD buys the Mail every day but really that's just for the crossword.
Every time someone comes up with that line I think what a pillock.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
The days of me paying for a newspaper, be it hard copy or digital, are long gone.
I don't take such a parasitical view. I'm happy to pay for a quality newspaper, rather than read one because it's free.

And I prefer hard copy. Quality newspaper are very important.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
There's some truth in that: you can find crosswords to do on t'internet and they're FREE!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Hi, all the time!! I just put in "breaking news uk" into my search engine and all the latest paper headlines webpages come into view.
However, we still buy two papers each day. I used to buy the Daily Mail and hold my nose with the Sunday Mail as that Sunday paper was already a remain supporting paper, whereas the Daily Mail supported Brexit. Until that is, the new editor came in and switched sides, so I stopped buying it and buy the Daily Express instead, as well as The Sun, as they both
support Leave.

I love to read the papers online.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:22 PM

OMG ... I remember the day when people read a certain rag for the left/right propaganda, now it's brexit/remain that divides us. What's the world coming to?

I admitted earlier to reading the Guardian ... they don't support brexit or remain and neither do I.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:50 PM

If l spend enough in Waitrose, l get the Daily Telegraph as l like the crosswords in that newspaper.
The size of the pages are ideal for lining the floors of my hen coops!

I read the Daily Mail online but it just seems to be obsessed with no mark celebrities and who’s pregnant.

The pop ups and videos drive me bonkers as they slow down the page and hide parts of the comments that l like to read.

I used to buy it but l never really got round to reading them so l used to save them and still didn’t get round to reading them!
At least online, l can pick and choose what l want to read and not have them stacked up somewhere!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

Care to explain that Gravy?

What a peculiar statement.

What is wrong with enjoying a newspaper crossword?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top