Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Re: Good morning Saturday

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Meg one thing I learned from having cats for 40 years is, when they are hurting, they would rather settle down and rest than eat... even if they need some food.
This usually happens if they have been in a fight or hurt themselves, so lets hope it is something that will heal quickly and Chloe will soon be feeling better.
Hi Twink yes that is so, thank you.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have they x-rayed her spine Meg?

I am just wondering if it might be something 'out of place' and pressing on a nerve, and whether a doggy chiropractor could help.
It happened to my old lurcher once. The vet showed me the slipped disc on x-ray but could only offer meds. I thought to myself, all the painkillers in the world aren't going to move it back for her, so I took her to my chiropractic friend.
She sorted her out within about 40 mins and she was fine for ever after.
The vet was impressed.
Hi Mups x-rays is farther down the line, my vet (and I agree) is not eager to go for x-rays as a first line treatment unless there is an obvious reason to do so because of the need for a general anaesthetic.

At this stage it doesn't present as a skeletal or nerve problem more like muscular though Minis are predisposed to meningitis so that is always a worry(she has a stiff neck) . At the moment a full blood screen and anti inflammatories are the first line treatment. Chole had the pre op blood test for liver/kidney/diabetes only 4 weeks ago before having the epulus removed.

With the present symptoms we are hoping Chloe has a simple strain. She does leap about a lot tossing her squeaky toys in the air and catching them .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Sorry to hear Chloe is not well Meg I hope she picks up before long, such a worry aren't they..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Sorry to hear Chloe is not well Meg I hope she picks up before long, such a worry aren't they..
Thanks Barry I have just had to call her off from chasing the crows in the field so the injection she had this morning must be working.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 03:21 PM

I too wish Chloe well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

07-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I too wish Chloe well.
Thank you Jazzi
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thanks Barry I have just had to call her off from chasing the crows in the field so the injection she had this morning must be working.

Well that sounds encouraging Meg.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top