Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Re: Racist Comment!!!

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
No it doesn't , but neither does it give Joe and Labour the right to point the finger as if they were innocent and only the other side is guilty.

How is it you're not so ready to defend the other side and try to share the blame until some criticises Labout or Joe?
I'm a Labour Party member I see the problems and don't defend them if a racist is in the party I speak out. I thought my post covered all parties btw so you've got me puzzled how you didn't see that. I don't think Uj is a labour member or supporter, he was as out spoken about labour when they were in office as he is against tories now. That's something you are choosing not to see.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Not racist but crass in the extreme she should have known better.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not racist but crass in the extreme she should have known better.
What worries me is no one I know would accidentally say the word, you wouldn't either muddy, it's not in most people's vocabulary. But it was in hers, and the rest of the meeting didn't even look uncomfortable with it !

That's what makes me think it was racist, only a racist would have that as a first thing out of their head.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 11:52 AM

It wasn't a racist term in the first instance until "somebody" decided it was.

It's down to interpretation.....just because one person deems it racist doesn't mean another does.....so that doesn't make that person a racist....does it?

It was a very ignorant and unfortunate use of an old phrase....she shouldn't have used it, a mistake....but to be labelled racist is very unfair unless you have REAL proof that she is.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

It's down to interpretation.....just because one person deems it racist doesn't mean another does.....so that doesn't make that person a racist....does it?

It was a very ignorant and unfortunate use of an old phrase....she shouldn't have used it, a mistake....but to be labelled racist is very unfair unless you have REAL proof that she is.
So why did the scumbag 'nasty party' think it was and withdraw the whip from her and suspend her membership???
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So why did the scumbag 'nasty party' think it was and withdraw the whip from her and suspend her membership???
Because of the reaction of shit stirrers like yourself.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:10 PM

I've been a big fan of Agatha Christie for many years and I have 2 books written by Her 'Nigger in the wood pile' & 'Ten little Nigger Boys'....was She racist?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Because of the reaction of shit stirrers like yourself.

She'd been tried and convicted by the scumbag 'nasty party' itself, long before I posted my comments, so are you now saying that the scumbag 'nasty party' are sh*t stirrers themselves???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

11-07-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've been a big fan of Agatha Christie for many years and I have 2 books written by Her 'Nigger in the wood pile' & 'Ten little Nigger Boys'....was She racist?

Back in the 1930s, the remark, although offensive, wasn't considered such then.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:21 PM

It is a racist term and MPs should not be using it.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top