Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Re: What happens in a Will

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just remember Jarndyce and Jarndyce when dealing with wills and the legal profession.
Who the Dickens were they??
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yup, same here! Your last sentence, that is. Only to clear mum's belongings, but as for the actual estate thing...no.

Well my lot didn't even help me clearing the house Jazzi. They just told me what they wanted out of it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well my lot didn't even help me clearing the house Jazzi. They just told me what they wanted out of it.
I had a little help in clearing out. The funniest thing was I'd put up postcards in nearby shop windows offering large items of furniture. One was Mum's lovely leather settee. I was sitting in her flat (stayed there for 7 weeks) watching telly early evening, got a phone call, can we come and look at the settee? A lovely young couple came along, I got mum's NDN to pop in to be with me, he knocked me down a bit, but they took it straightaway, shoved it in the back of his car with much of the settee hanging out of it, the girl in the back seat hanging on. And me, with nowhere to sit!!

I do believe I had to use a camping chair.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2015, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Who the Dickens were they??
You know the real case they were based on started in the 1790's so it was over 50 years old when Dickens wrote Bleak House and the case finally ended in 1915 when the money finally ran out.

So it continued for nearly 50 years after Dickens died. I think the case was something like Jennings v Jennings or a similar such name.

The message is DON'T DIE WITHOUT MAKING A WILL. Geddit?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top