Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Re: Would you be Upset

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If you had a Holiday from work, and no one noticed?
I think the people I worked for would have noticed. I was a cleaner, cha lady.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I can't say, that is the big problem with being retired - you don't get any days off.
Now I am retired every day is a holiday.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think the people I worked for would have noticed. I was a cleaner, cha lady.
I am sure they would Tiff! When our cleaner at the bank retired we laid on a party at the office, bought her lots of gifts and even arranged for a chauffer driven Rolls Royce to drive her home.
Rolls Royce Motors banked with us and were happy to help
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Try being a Shire Councillor.
One is expected to be on the job 24/7 - 365 days a year.

I have been at a very large funeral - seated 6 feet from the casket - when the service was delayed because some wanker insisted on shirt-fronting me over some non-urgent crap.
People have rung in the middle of the night to whinge about barking dogs or problem footpaths.
I don't recall a family Christmas which was not interrupted by trivia- or at least stuff which could wait.

On my (very rare) holidays, I have been tracked down by stroppy folk who obviously thought I could fix some issue which was nothing whatever to do with local council.

And yet, elected representatives are rarely missed.
Some other well-meaning soul will always volunteer to be a punching bag.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Try being a Shire Councillor.
One is expected to be on the job 24/7 - 365 days a year.

I have been at a very large funeral - seated 6 feet from the casket - when the service was delayed because some wanker insisted on shirt-fronting me over some non-urgent crap.
People have rung in the middle of the night to whinge about barking dogs or problem footpaths.
I don't recall a family Christmas which was not interrupted by trivia- or at least stuff which could wait.

On my (very rare) holidays, I have been tracked down by stroppy folk who obviously thought I could fix some issue which was nothing whatever to do with local council.

And yet, elected representatives are rarely missed.
Some other well-meaning soul will always volunteer to be a punching bag.
Oooh Pummy that bold comment made me laugh. I didn't think that even a man like you could manage it that often.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

06-01-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure they would Tiff! When our cleaner at the bank retired we laid on a party at the office, bought her lots of gifts and even arranged for a chauffer driven Rolls Royce to drive her home.
Rolls Royce Motors banked with us and were happy to help
That was a lovely thing to do, Twink.
I got a send off party too, never expected one, but I got a card signed by every one & a bottle or two of wine & chocs. Still got the card.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

06-01-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That was a lovely thing to do, Twink.
I got a send off party too, never expected one, but I got a card signed by every one & a bottle or two of wine & chocs. Still got the card.
The ladies who clean our offices, that we manage to see, should all be treated like one of the team.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oooh Pummy that bold comment made me laugh. I didn't think that even a man like you could manage it that often.
Obviously, Pommie smut
differs from refined Australian humour.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top