Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: First thought - was he p*ssed???

Originally Posted by May ->
I agree with You and I am sick to death of all the hate posts/posters on this Site now...Only last week some gobshite accused Me of being a Nazi sympathiser..another Member was accused of being a traitor because Their politics differed from His...when is enough going to be enough?
It's reached the stage of enough's more than enough with me now, I'm afraid...the constant unpleasantness, the unrelenting bullying (cleverly disguised as banter), the post-stalking and lack of empathy for a few posters with serious medical or physiological conditions...the list goes on.

Even if you seriously dislike someone and their posting style, to gloat and joke about a life threatening condition/scare is to my mind simply appalling.

In this instance, instead of being called a wannabe mod, a nosy beak, or even a snowflake, I'm happy to wish Joe well after his recent breathing scare and bow out of here for a long breath of clean fresh air.

Have a wonderful summer everyone!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 12:31 PM

Dehydration could have been the cause, he was wearing heavy ceremonial uniform, and was possibly concussed after falling. His horse behaved very well, and a quick thinking police officer led it away. Good news is he is recovering.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:19 PM

I think it’s the way some of us perceive things and come to a conclusion before seeing the true picture.

When l saw that the 79 year old Field Marshal Charles Ronald Llewelyn Guthrie, Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank, had fallen off his horse and smacked his head on the ground, l felt immediate sympathy for an elderly man, riding in full uniform on a very hot day. I didn’t even think of alcohol!!

I then googled this man and saw what a fine looking, highly decorated military man he was in his day.
He served with the Welsh Guards and Special Air Services.

He was head of the professional armed forces. He was involved in military operations in Northern Ireland. He was an advisor to the British government during The Bosnian and Kosovo wars plus much more.

To see him described as ‘pissed’ was out of order.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What a shame. I just hope none of his friends and family are reading UJ's unpleasant post
He hasn't died.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:44 PM

The man is elderly and probably overcome by fatigue on a muggy day whilst sitting on a horse all dressed up.

Hope he gets better soon.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I find it very hard to believe that you don't know about Marxism!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism
Sorry tarantula! I admit that I’m ‘not’ a ‘know-it-all’ type of member. Thank heavens

Originally Posted by May ->
I agree with You and I am sick to death of all the hate posts/posters on this Site now...Only last week some gobshite accused Me of being a Nazi sympathiser..another Member was accused of being a traitor because Their politics differed from His...when is enough going to be enough?
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm with you there, Bratti.
It's a word I hear, but I don't know what it means.

As for going off topic - I thought this thread was supposed to be about the elderly chap falling off his horse!
Yes and the poor man. Falling off a horse on soft ground when young hurts, falling off when OLD and on pavement has got to really hurt. I can’t help but feel bad for the old chap!
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What a shame. I just hope none of his friends and family are reading UJ's unpleasant post
True.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think it’s the way some of us perceive things and come to a conclusion before seeing the true picture.

When l saw that the 79 year old Field Marshal Charles Ronald Llewelyn Guthrie, Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank, had fallen off his horse and smacked his head on the ground, l felt immediate sympathy for an elderly man, riding in full uniform on a very hot day. I didn’t even think of alcohol!!

I then googled this man and saw what a fine looking, highly decorated military man he was in his day.

He was head of the professional armed forces. He was involved in military operations in Northern Ireland. He was an advisor to the British government during The Bosnian and Kosovo wars plus much more.

Thank you for posting respectful comments about this fine, respectable gentleman.

Just seeing these people prancing around in full uniform on a hot sunny day, I automatically have respect and empathy for them. Add to that the fact that one of them is 79 years old doing it, amplifies my feelings. When I read the title I just assumed it was about someone being really mad. I’m glad to have learned different.

Thank you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Spot on Art!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 06:35 PM

He hasn't died.
I don't just feel sorry for people who have died, I think it is sad that this elderly man, who had been a member of the military for more that 40 years, had fallen from his horse during the parade and had to be taken to hospital.

I would hope that the majority of people in this country would have the decency to show sympathy for any member of the military who defended this country.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:05 PM

Where did you see that Guthrie had died, there is no news to that effect?
It was in my Sunday paper, Tarantula.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:06 PM

He hasn't died.
Glad to hear it - papers often mislead us - I wish they would check their facts before printing!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top