Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Re: old git rants

Nero, I watched on woman trying to get into a space for 5 full minutes, reversing then going forward etc. There were about 20 empty spaces very close by. I just laughed and shook my head when she got out of the car and looked at me.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Nero, I watched on woman trying to get into a space for 5 full minutes, reversing then going forward etc. There were about 20 empty spaces very close by. I just laughed and shook my head when she got out of the car and looked at me.
I hate parking next to anyone . . they don't give a toss if they bang your car with their doors . . . if the park is empty I park in the middle of it . . . . yeah, sure as there's shit in a goat there's a car either side when I return while the park's still empty . . . why me, why me . . . am I alone in situations like this ?

The Jeep's different . . . nobody parks next to that . . . it's so big, plus it's an old motor . . . I can read their tiny minds . . " oooer, shan't park next to that pile of junk, the owner doesn't give a toss.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 02:24 PM

I remember when I returned home to my village ...........

That brings back memories, at the end of 1984 I had just met Jenny and we went to see my mum in Bedfordshire. I took Jen to my old `local` and a lady asked if I was new to the village. I just smiled and said "well I don`t live here now but do you remember where the old chip shop used to be?"

Some other old lad overheard and cried out "bloody hell that`s going back a bit" My case proven.

And I know the Calder area a bit-my ex partner lives in Mirfield. The last time we went to see her and Jonathan (a while back now) we went to the mining museum and some doylem suggested that as I was a Southerner it would give my some idea.

I just had to let him know that during the strike I had a miner`s wife and a copper`s wife in the same team I managed
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
You missed out Henry IV and Henry V.
Who won the war of the roses?
Which rose became the Rose of England.? Answer:-The Tudor Rose with the Red of Lancaster encircling ( controlling)the White of Yorkshire.
Some revisionists, such as influential Oxford historian K.B. McFarlane, suggest that the conflicts during this period have been radically overstated, and that there were, in fact, no Wars of the Roses at all

Source: Wikipedia

So we can be mates after all
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
Some revisionists, such as influential Oxford historian K.B. McFarlane, suggest that the conflicts during this period have been radically overstated, and that there were, in fact, no Wars of the Roses at all

Source: Wikipedia

So we can be mates after all
Where was he born? Dont tell me, Yorkshire!!!!
I thought we were friends already .
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Just a bit of light hearted banter Bob. Besides, I thought it was North v South? (Only joking folk)
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

09-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
Just a bit of light hearted banter Bob. Besides, I thought it was North v South? (Only joking folk)
Do you mean North v Souf?
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

09-05-2010, 07:25 PM

lol - sort of
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 07:31 PM

kin ell-Norf v Sarf??

At least where I live now has none of that-just a history of inbreeding and a fascination with eels. Well a bit East from here anyway,they are posher to the west-all rich from sheep-another strange fascination.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

09-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
kin ell-Norf v Sarf??

At least where I live now has none of that-just a history of inbreeding and a fascination with eels. Well a bit East from here anyway,they are posher to the west-all rich from sheep-another strange fascination.
What a fascinating nation we are!!!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top