Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Why not comfortable in their own skin?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've wondered that too Art.
I wonder how many people are satisfied with the results of cosmetic surgery.

Anyone remember the chap Pete Burns? He died a while back.
What a dreadful mess he made of his face with repeated surgery.
I still blame the ruthless, money grabbing surgeons who carry on doing op after op after op, it's morally wrong IMO.
Mups, That was so sad about Pete Burns.
I did like him as a person, he had a wonderful way with words and talked a lot of sense. He was just awful to look at!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:25 AM

What I don't understand is,what happens when they get too old,for plastic surgery,everything needs tightening ,after so many years,doesn't it?....so I guess,Kim kardashian,butt plants,will be migrating to her knees,what about her boobs,or are they real?..can you imagine,removing all these unnatural implants,after all,they are foreign in the body aren't they,

But for those who need it,for medical reasons,fair enough.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:29 AM

I am me and have no wish to change the way I am.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:58 AM

However if you were born with some disfigurement you would .
Plastic surgery has changed people's lives for the better .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have scars on my face and hands, but they don't bother me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I.m all for plastic surgery in this sense. It's the enhancements of lips, cheeks, bum and boobs for 'vanity' that I can't understand, half the time it just makes the person look ridiculous.

Obviously it's their choice if they want to do that to themselves but it beggars belief that so many people want to change an already beautiful face or body. I think it's quite sad really.

The human ken doll is a very intelligent man so was Pete Burns yet they choose to ruin the looks they had. I would like to see what they see or saw through their eyes, it must be so different to what I saw.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:36 AM

I think self confidence is a big asset when you look in the mirror!

Ok so none of us are as perfect as we would like to be, but when somebody else looks at you they see you different to how you see yourself.... remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

People thought I was attractive when I was young, but I would have preferred to have more with elegant hands , and when the straight hair fashion was out of date, I would have loved thicker curly hair. If changes had been possible though, I certainly wouldn't have gone through any procedure to change them, because I believe that everybody has some kind of natural beauty, even if they can't see it!

If a plastic surgeon changes you , and you don't like it...you signed the consent form & even if you can sue them how can that money take you back to the person you were.

Perhaps society should praise people's natural beauty, rather than criticize faults.

I am sure that if all you ladies had formed a line when you were younger, and I looked at all of you, I would find that each of you had something more beautiful that the rest. I have seen old photos, of some of you, and you all looked attractive, after all isn't that what your partners did when they chose you.

Surely there is no need for people to change how they look, because we are all beautiful to somebody!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

You are so right twinks.

When I talked to my friend about wanting my teeth done she said I shouldn't because my natural self defines my character and it is who I am. I know she is right yet still i.d like my teeth straightening, daft I know.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

11-08-2018, 11:44 AM

As long as I am clean and tidy, my appearance has never bothered me one little bit.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You are so right twinks.

When I talked to my friend about wanting my teeth done she said I shouldn't because my natural self defines my character and it is who I am. I know she is right yet still i.d like my teeth straightening, daft I know.
Not daft at all
Have them done it will make your feel better about them nice teeth are nice teeth

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top