Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Re: It's all new for me!!

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Pats you just made me think of my old Hamlet
Our village hall(old sunday school) is just across the road from where we live in Cornwall. My loverly old ginger cat use to make his way over there everytime there was an avent and would sit on the knee of people while doing quiz's or having Mother meetings as there was always a bowl of crisp on the tables to go with the wine and he loved crisp... on a sunday he would sit on some ones lap during the chapel service as well....All the old ladies use to love him. He was such a funny old cat.
Just thought take a bowl of crisp or simular to share as well everyone will want to be on your table !!!
I dont mind being compared to a 'funny old cat' as long as its a Cheetah !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I'm glad there is someone else that feels that way. I am so shy of going anywhere on my own that I just don't bother.
I can't even walk into a pub on my own to meet others.

I'd be interested to know how you go on Decaf. One day I feel that I would like to join "something" but I'm not into crafts or baking so the WI or something like that wouldn't be for me.
I'd like somewhere where you just meet up for lunches and the occasional night out.

Good luck with it and hope you have an enjoyable evening.
I could never walk into a pub on me own, unless I were in Ireland !
There must be something in your area CC - check it out sometime .......
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 12:34 AM

Why in Ireland Pats ?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 02:25 AM

No, I couldn't walk into a pub on my own, but I admire anyone who can. Hope this lovely lady had a nice quiz night and that she meets nice new people.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:25 AM

As hubby has always worked away from home for months on end I have had to learn to go out on my own, at first Id take a book or magazine with me into pubs but soon stopped that as I found there was always some one to talk to even if it was just a bored barmaid. Then I joined night classes and volenteer groups and its amazing how often you meet people just like your self... I have even been on many holidays by my self which can be fun but a bit boring some evenings. It brought me out of my self because I use to be so shy ... still am but do a good job hiding it now.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:26 AM

So how did it go decaf ? Did your team win?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Why in Ireland Pats ?
Twas many years ago CC - but doubt its changed, especially in the country. Its a home from home experience, you are welcomed - Ireland is well known for its friendliness, so I would venture in ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
So how did it go decaf ? Did your team win?
Yep Den - be soon - let us know !
Decaf
Kent
Decaf is female  Decaf has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 12:12 PM

We lost! But I couldn't believe how many people were there....over 60!! And that's not their ages I live in a tiny village...who knew there were so many single people around!
Decaf
Kent
Decaf is female  Decaf has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Denise darlin' what happened to Orangieboom - never see that advertised anymore. Can you still get it???
I loved Orangieboom, but always hated the advert as they never pronounced it correctly
I think you can get it in some Aldi stores, but you're right you don't see it anymore...strange that!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top