Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:23 PM

Re: Car MOT and my wipers

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
The trouble with modern cars is that they are all computerised, and have to be connected to a computer to find out what the fault actually is.
Yes Jimmy, so I'll let them look at it.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:24 PM

The trouble with modern cars is that they are all computerised, and have to be connected to a computer to find out what the fault actually is.
I would put it another way. Car electrical component manufacturers are reducing quality in a vain attempt to invent darkness. They should know that was done years ago by a certain company in the UK!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes Jimmy, so I'll let them look at it.
Yep best to tell the MOT garage the problem - they have the computer checks
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 06:05 PM

You're right there Jimmy, but even when connected to a computer it doesn't always show up the fault, which I found out to my cost last year. Hence, I've come to the conclusion if it's intermittent and doesn't cause any danger, I would leave well alone.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Worth checking the earthing - points on the car body. These are usually under the car and exposed to damp, salt and muck, and can corrode. This can cause all sorts of weird electrical faults.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:07 PM

Dl, have you ever driven a long distance with the wipers scraping over a dry windscreen?! I would like to do more driving trips this year and I must get the problem resolved.

Apart from being extremely annoying and irritating, it starts off a headache.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Dl, have you ever driven a long distance with the wipers scraping over a dry windscreen?! I would like to do more driving trips this year and I must get the problem resolved.

Apart from being extremely annoying and irritating, it starts off a headache.
I was thinking about your wiper problem today and realised that the wipers would be scraping over dry glass and that you'd need to get it sorted tout suite !! After my car 'died' I had to get a little runaround and got an Aygo and if the windscreen is slightly dry the wiper shudders and scrapes like mad and as you say it would soon make your headache.

Hope they can sort it out for you quickly.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

13-01-2015, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
I was thinking about your wiper problem today and realised that the wipers would be scraping over dry glass and that you'd need to get it sorted tout suite !! After my car 'died' I had to get a little runaround and got an Aygo and if the windscreen is slightly dry the wiper shudders and scrapes like mad and as you say it would soon make your headache.

Hope they can sort it out for you quickly.
Cheers!
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Worth checking the earthing - points on the car body. These are usually under the car and exposed to damp, salt and muck, and can corrode. This can cause all sorts of weird electrical faults.
Wow! I´ve gone all invisible....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Wow! I´ve gone all invisible....
No you haven't! Can't think why I didn't respond personally. Sorry, and thank you for the advice.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top