Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 07:38 PM

Re: House for sale at £2,000.....but

Pykies have been living there?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 07:41 PM

What is a pykie? I'll look it up, hang on....

Oooooh! I never knew that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What is a pykie? I'll look it up, hang on....

Oooooh! I never knew that.
Not usually the cream of the crop. They pitched on their mobile homes once or twice a year or so on some green fields. They ruined with their vehicle tracks and left their heaps of garbage.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 08:09 PM

Yes, I hear of them parking in school playing fields and asda carparks. Its odd how they demand so many rights as is their "culture", but yet they also want permanent bases for the winter, with running water and electricity points. But that's for another thread I think
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've seen worse properties on Homes Under The Hammer being sold at auction then being done up and the results are astounding.

But this one is in Bradford not Chelsea down in that London.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:43 AM

Is it a bad place, Todger? I haven't been there, so don't know.
Not to put too finer point on it, it's a shithole. I went to technical college there when it was still a proud mill town in the 1970s. Since then it's gone down hill and has no go areas in some parts of the city.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Bradford? Absolutely not under any circumstances even as a quick-flip.
My very thoughts .
It will be brought by some ‘Asian’ developers who will turn it into a HOMC in two shakes of a little dogs tales for unfortunates who don’t mind paying through the nose to live in a cupboard .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-02-2021, 07:41 AM

Oh my word, the place sounds worse and worse! So its mostly been taken over by the Asian community, to the extent there are no go areas? For whom? Everyone who isn't Asian I presume. Likely includes police and emergency crews too. Wow....that's a bit shocking actually.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 07:58 AM

Get fed up of this type of Hype on Homes under the Hammer. We all can sus out a properties worth with about 10 mins research on the internet, yet, these auction houses still put silly low "guide prices" on lots, to suck the punters in. How many times have you seen the story "The guide price was £35000, we rejoin the bidding At £78000", etc etc.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 08:05 AM

Oh my word, the place sounds worse and worse! So its mostly been taken over by the Asian community, to the extent there are no go areas? For whom? Everyone who isn't Asian I presume. Likely includes police and emergency crews too. Wow....that's a bit shocking actually.
Basically the word ‘ Asian ‘ is a euphemism for people who come from the Indian subcontinent. In this case mainly Pakistan . One in five people who live in Bradford are of Pakistani decent . 25% of the people are Muslims -the biggest Muslim population in the U.K. it also has some of the worse health problems in the U.K.
Many of these are because of genetic illness caused by intermarriage of cousins which is a custom in these communities.
It also does not have a good track record re child abuse .Gangs of men groom and abuse underage girls .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-47388060

Bradford is ranked the worst place to live in the U.K.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top