Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:33 AM

Re: Getting Older

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Quote Kal .......[IMG]What things about you have you noticed have changed as you've gotten older?[/IMG]
Me hair - who'd have thought it !
Yes, I think that does happen doesn't it - probably something to do with the lack of oestrogen
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My sense of balance is not good these days.
Hmm, an interesting one, I haven't heard of that one before - maybe one of our resident nurses can answer that!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
yes I realized that the other day,actually just living is a miracle, rely on the sun to show up the dust oh and today I have put a notebook in the kitchen so I can write down things I need or things I want to do, walk round the shops in a sort of half dazed state then get home with hardly any thing I wanted.
Aagh, so annoying - and if it was something really needed you have to go back again!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I find I am more at ease with myself and things that seemed like a big deal years ago make me laugh now.
That I find an absolute boon of getting older - you end up wondering why get so het up over x, y or z. Maybe we become blase about everything!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
The English language with the use of Americanisms. Got older, or become older would suffice.
One that still grates a bit is encountering pedants - I wonder if that will change as well
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:08 AM

Nothing like a good pedant. It was beaten into us at primary school.
I used to love the sayings of Instector Morse, for example..

"Occurred instantaneously", Lewis, or "was instantaneous" if you must. Coffee may be instant, death may not. "

As for growing older, that is somewhat unavoidable, fortunately 'Growing up' is not. This is the time for letting your hair down and taking a few more risks.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh my God, yessss!!! I have to hold on to something firm to push myself up.
Yes, same here Jazzi - have to cling onto the worktop to get up - hubby thinks it's funny!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 11:39 AM

I've always been a wuss when it comes to fairground rides, I freaked out on the squirrel nutkin ride at Alton Towers some years ago, they had to stop and let me off. Talk about embarrassing! I'm sure I have less patience than I used to have, although I can still switch off and walk away from what I consider to be pointless arguments, I can have my say and leave it at that. I'm not sure I have got any more common sense though, I can still do completely crazy things.
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 02:20 PM

I used to love dare devil rides when I was young .... I look on them with horror now. Mind you I did get brownie points from grandchildren for going down the big death slide at Play Zone, especially as Granda refused point blank. On the plus side very little fazes me now, I know that things have a way of working out ( often it very surprizing ways).
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 02:31 PM

I am 78 now, getting old is finding things I once did with little or no effort now impossible for me to do...pure frustration there. Pain a constant companion from arthritis...lose of balance, walking a 100 feet with a walker is difficult and ooh so painful...loss of interest in doing many things. Old age is not the golden years but the rust out, wear out, broken down years. hugs, Shirley

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top