Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:01 AM

Re: Nowt as queer as folk I suppose..

Originally Posted by Missy ->
This reminds me of when we went to see Neil Diamond last year. Was a fantastic concert, totally loved every moment, was up singing and dancing from start to finish, and all around me people were ' watching' through their tablets and phones whilst filming it

What was the point of going to a live concert to no take part ?

Madness
I have noticed when people are watching anything out come the phone cameras.

Last year I took my grandchildren to an outdoor science event and we were sitting three rows back behind a sea of outstretched arms holding mobile phone cameras .
It was so distracting apart from blocking the view .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:02 AM

I see this a lot mothers on phones ignoring the children , I used to chat with my little ones all the time . This week a little one running way ahead of mummy who was pushing a pram while texting and the little one close to the road and traffic , she was oblivious to him .

Recently I was out on my own having lunch , father and young son aged about 5 sitting together eating , father on his phone ignoring the boy , I was there an hour , I heard no more than 6 words said to the child who sat watching his dad . I so wanted to say to the father put the phone away but of course I didn't .

Even one of my friends is attached to her phone and will answer it and text while friends are with her , I just don't understand it . My phone may be in my bag but it's there for when I need it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:08 AM

There is an advert on TV which tells us 'Your phone is more than your phone..... It's your life.'

Unfortunately, for a lot of people that's true.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There is an advert on TV which tells us 'Your phone is more than your phone..... It's your life.'

Unfortunately, for a lot of people that's true.
Indeed it is.
It needs to be recognised as an addiction.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:16 AM

I remember about 8 or 9 years ago, we went as an extended family for a meal in a restaurant and the first thing that happened once we were seated, the waiting staff came dowwith personal video players and earphones for the little ones

Nowadays it’s normal to see families out for lunch or tea, and the children are plugged in, even those in high chairs

Our local bar/restaurant is family friendly and has colouring sheets and an outside playground, and still the kids are plugged in
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 09:22 AM

As for those walking along the road texting or speaking on their phones, I often wonder if I turned their phones off, would they just sort of seize up and fall over.

I have to say it is mostly women who pass my window on their phone, no interaction with their children whatsoever. Sometimes the children are running in front or left behind because the phone is more important than talking to them.

Oh, and almost all of them have died red hair too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As for those walking along the road texting or speaking on their phones, I often wonder if I turned their phones off, would they just sort of seize up and fall over.

I have to say it is mostly women who pass my window on their phone, no interaction with their children whatsoever. Sometimes the children are running in front or left behind because the phone is more important than talking to them.

Oh, and almost all of them have died red hair too.
Red hair???? Is there a link?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 12:06 PM

Many people appear to be surgically attached to their phones, removing them would be like losing a major body part.

I have no interest in being in constant contact with anyone, not even my husband or children, I like my own space.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Many people appear to be surgically attached to their phones, removing them would be like losing a major body part.

I have no interest in being in constant contact with anyone, not even my husband or children, I like my own space.
I do too Tara
If I miss messages or calls from my children while I'm offline or even switch my phone off for a while... they actually tell me off!. They lay the whole guilt trip thing on me "i tried to call you, Why didn't you answer your phone?" or "I messaged you to tell you about this n this.. and you didnt even read/answer it".
I feel like saying "Well you're telling me now, so what's the problem?"
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Why would you have to be in constant contact with anyone with your phone? There needn't be anyone else there. People use them for other reasons, you know, yet are still addicted.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top