Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Re: Will the nation cope with this dramatic news

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, Westender, the best one was Amy Turtle who kept fluffing her lines and there were long pauses until she remembered her words!
Crossroads never has had been regarded as " a slick production." All part of the appeal I suppose Artangel.

They don't make them like that anymore!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 11:31 AM

I remember the walls moving in Crossroads if anyone touched them!
I liked "Take The High Road".

As for our soaps, I think they've run out of ideas, I only watch Emmerdale which might as well be a crime drama. It seems that the soaps copy each other's plots even use the same names for characters, as if there aren't enough names to choose from.

Time to scrap the lot and start afresh. Although there seems to be odd tastes in what's entertainment these days.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
I'd never heard of Harpers West One until now Tiffany.
Frustratingly there doesn't seem to be any episodes or even clips on YouTube.

It looks like I'm going to have to let that one go.
Harpers was about a department store. If you remember John Leyton the singer/actor, he was in that & it made him.

I think you can watch series one here. Series too didn't survive.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161152/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I remember the walls moving in Crossroads if anyone touched them!
I liked "Take The High Road".

As for our soaps, I think they've run out of ideas, I only watch Emmerdale which might as well be a crime drama. It seems that the soaps copy each other's plots even use the same names for characters, as if there aren't enough names to choose from.

Time to scrap the lot and start afresh. Although there seems to be odd tastes in what's entertainment these days.
You can see why Acorn Antiques was based on it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 03:16 PM

I wish all of our so called comedians would disappear. None of them are funny so they wouldn't be missed.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Harpers was about a department store. If you remember John Leyton the singer/actor, he was in that & it made him.

I think you can watch series one here. Series too didn't survive.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161152/
Thanks Tiffany.
Having spent more than a few idle moments looking up old pop songs on YouTube in the past, John Leyton's slightly eerie song is quite familiar. I'll have to check out the IMDb link.

Incidentally, for those who have any interest in such things, Johnny Remember Me was eventually covered by The Meteors in their own upbeat psychobilly style.

I wish I still had my 7inch vinyl copy, it was a picture cover too.
Cracking stuff!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
Thanks Tiffany.
Having spent more than a few idle moments looking up old pop songs on YouTube in the past, John Leyton's slightly eerie song is quite familiar. I'll have to check out the IMDb link.

Incidentally, for those who have any interest in such things, Johnny Remember Me was eventually covered by The Meteors in their own upbeat psychobilly style.

I wish I still had my 7inch vinyl copy, it was a picture cover too.
Cracking stuff!
Somewhere I still have the single of Johnny Remember Me.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

30-04-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No chance of that for me. The whole screen is faded out and I can do nothing other than try and recall the story heading. There is also a large text box showing the 'Daily Wail' logo and the message:

"We see that you're using an ad blocker
Ads allow us to feed your daily addiction for the world's greatest news, sport and gossip. If your favourite price for MailOnline is free, please allow ads on this site.
Need help disabling your ad blocker? View our guide"

I refuse to be blackmailed into this so now give this publication the elbow unless it's a link on OFF, then I often take a chance but usually no luck. Before online newspapers I bought this newspaper for decades as it carried many job vacancies for the printing trade. Now though the AdBlocker (free version) on my Mac laptop stays firmly on. This is the same for any publication or other website that pulls this stunt.
Isn't it strange how the same organizations that demanded Net Neutrality be the law of the land are now the same groups that restrict their content unless you allow their ads to be seen???

Just Saying...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

30-04-2020, 11:57 PM

"We see that you're using an ad blocker

I get that all the time. I just go to another site, same info, that doesn't ask that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:08 AM

I remember... Compact!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top