Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Re: Clap for NHS

My wife works in the NHS, not on the front line, she does the paperwork, still pretty important though.There's been two incidents at her hospital lately that have disgusted me. they came around and issued each office with a bottle of hand sanitizer, now because my wife has her own office, a room off the secretaries office, they placed 2 bottles of this stuff in the big office, to get a new one when it's empty you have to take the old bottle back. They came in the other day to fine one had gone missing, it turned out someone from another department had been in after they'd gone home and taken it, not only that but he'd taken it to take home, IMO he should be sacked for doing that, just like the other idiot, a member of the hospital security team, he thought it was funny to have a pretend coughing fit over several members of staff! What a bunch of tossers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 10:23 AM

I stood with my front door open and light on and clapped alone. I could here clapping in the distance but not one person came to the front to clap .

Selfish

On a main road free of traffic and a large estate . Yet TV was more important
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I stood with my front door open and light on and clapped alone. I could here clapping in the distance but not one person came to the front to clap .

Selfish

On a main road free of traffic and a large estate . Yet TV was more important
Sadly all too true these days, we're living in an 'all about me' society, until they need someone else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
There were even cars driving along the road hooting their horns. A great response at such short notice. Maybe it should become a weekly thing at the same time every Thursday.

I have heard that it will be a weekly thing from now on which is brilliant. It was nice just to see some of my neighbours at their doors, I haven't seen them for a while now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top