Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 09:52 AM

Re: Do you enjoy driving?

I more or less drive for a living being a service engineer, although since the new company took over I'm not doing many motorways,but have driven to,and through most major cities in northern england,but I love driving in my car especially if we're going on holiday, I love a long motorway drive usually because we're not in a rush( although I don't hang about on the motorway's, 70 of course)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 09:59 AM

I used to love driving particularly at night, I hate it now.
When I started driving the roads were quite empty and it was fun, now it is a nightmare.
My worst fear is being stuck on the motorway for hours and hours. My DIL just missed a 6 hour wait on the M5 a few weeks ago, had I been in that I think I would have need tranquilizers.

Even 20 years ago when my son was at Uni we used to set off from here at 5am and hardly saw a car on the motorway till I got to Nottingham, now the motorways are busy at all hours and I stay off them.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Quite soon after I passed my test I found that if I have a long journey to do I prefer driving at night; waiting till the roads have quetened down a bit, say one in the morning before setting off. It usually involves a motorway or two, but there's no rush and I can always get a cup of coffee

I have made up a brewing box - a plastic storage box containing an old gas stove, tea, coffee, dried milk, a couple of pans, and so on. Then I can have a brew more or less when & where I want to. The stove sits quite happily in the passenger footwell

I lived in Kendal for many years, and such is the traffic in the Lake District that I would leave the house very early, say about 5 or 6 in the morning, get to the setting off point for my walk, then have breakfast and perhaps a short doze before the walk
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:18 AM

I love driving
I have an espace and a mini cooper s
One is luxurious, the other great fun!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:19 AM

I used to hate driving when I had to use a map (can't do maps lol) but now I have Satnav it gives me the confidence (probably falsely) to drive anywhere.
Being in town traffic is annoying, but other than that I love to drive, it gives me a sense of freedom.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:30 AM

not that keen really 'just got a new car 'havn't drove it as yet 'but hubby has'
dont mind country roads but not motorways lorries scare me ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:41 AM

Driving is more of a necessity than a pleasure to me, just to get from A - B.
I love the little car I have now, but its other road users and the speed they drive at sometimes that bothers me at times.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:43 AM

It is a necessary evil, except when out in the Summer Car, I bought a new workhorse last week, for the past ten years it had covered 3000 miles annually, in one week I have covered 1100 miles. By contrast, the wife had her new car on the Reg change in September, that has covered just 1600 miles.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:56 AM

I am phobic about driving, it just crept up on me. No obvious reason but I just cannot drive on my own. Jenny did all the driving. When she passed away I did try again-hypnotherapy/talking sessions and yes driving lessons(I did pass the test in 1973). I could drive miles with an instructor-no dual controls so it was just me. Stephan you are a good driver,you have not forgotten anything. But the thought of going out on my own ????-phobias are not funny.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 11:12 AM

Love driving, especially on open roads with little or no traffic.....

Hate being a passenger though.....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top