Join for free
Page 261 of 1010 « First < 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 761 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

always beggers me up that, something light how about fish or cauliflower cheese followed by fruit.

How about homemade soup. a real easy and quick one if you like toms is Tomato and basil soup
! tin of toms/1lb fresh if you prefer
1 potato
1 med onion
tsp dried basil/or sml buch offresh if you want but that goes in at the end then.

chop onion and fry gently till see through, add pots chopped into thin slivers (it thickens it) toms, basil and seasoning to taste (I have added a dash of Worcester sauce). Cook till potato is soft, press through a sieve and serve with crusty bread but any will do really. Delia Smith.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I don't know what to cook for tonight's dinner as we have just had a full english breakfast for lunch. I'd appreciate some ideas.
How about a nice full English tea. Several types of sandwich, some crumpets, scones with jam and cream, and maybe some kind of cake. I have this quite a lot, I don't have the scones but toasted crumpets are gorgeous and they are filling so I don't need the sandwiches.

Sooooo How about some Tea and Crumpets
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:32 PM

The wife will be pleased tonight - I've got a nice pot of pea and ham soup on the stove bubbling away and two BRILLIANT pieces of steak I picked up from the local shop this morning.

My plan is to cook the steak in the griddle pan of the George Foreman grill then have some mashed tatties with mustard through them, boiled carrots, sweet corn, peas, lots of fried onions and some lovely gravy.

Then for desert I'll make some meringue which we'll have with whipped double cream.

Mmm!

Yes I know we're having cream with just about every desert for the past week or so but hey-ho. We all have to die of something - I may as well die of an overdose of double cream
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Would that be as well as the Vodka Brandy Whiskey and Malabu???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I don't know what to cook for tonight's dinner as we have just had a full english breakfast for lunch. I'd appreciate some ideas.
Moyra darlin' - that depends on the contents of your fridge, freezer and store cupboards. If you have milk, plain flour and sausages - how about toad-in-the-hole???
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Would that be as well as the Vodka Brandy Whiskey and Malabu???
What Vodka, Brandy, Whiskey and Malibu? I have no recollection of drinking such things, the good Christian boy I am

Just green tea for me Hazel.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

22-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Surprised you didn't say 'treen gea' hic.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
What Vodka, Brandy, Whiskey and Malibu? I have no recollection of drinking such things, the good Christian boy I am

Just green tea for me Hazel.

Green tea??? - errrgh yuk!!! - tot of Brandy in a black coffee is much better!!!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

22-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Surprised you didn't say 'treen gea' hic.
Give me half an hour and I will
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Last night made some chilli from scratch which son says was deliciouso (I had ham sandwich and veggie soup as was not very hungry) Tonight though am in the middle of preparing a huge shepherds pie with hopefully enough left overs for his lunch tomorrow as it is his day off. - little trick for lovely crunch on the pots, use a ricer and rice directly onto the top of the minced lamb/carrot/pea bottom, dab with butter and bung in oven- yum!

Page 261 of 1010 « First < 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 761 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top