Join for free
Page 22 of 50 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 08:43 PM

Re: Staying put.

No, I don't suppose I will now Patsy. He told me he had been ill but wouldn't say what was wrong, which is fair enough, it might have been something personal for all I know. All he said was he is awaiting some test results which could take up to a month!
So it's back to the drawing board and trying to decide the right thing to do.
I have 3 options that I can see at the moment:

1. Find another builder
2. Defer it till next spring now
3. Keep the builders money and put it towards another property. Only thing with this though, is I like my bungalow and pretty garden here, and also I wouldn't get a good price for mine as it stands.

I'm finding choosing the right answer really difficult, and my son is not a lot of help!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:43 PM

Well I T HINK a goodly collection of well hung males [tool bags that is] from this site, able bodied [OMG were are they all fleeing too?] males at that could be mustered to assist you with your house jobs??
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:54 PM

Aah, what a nice thought Gumbud. I can here the stampede already - running away that is.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 12:01 AM

well I am sure if we really put our heads together it might work especially if everyone clubbed in for my return fare from OZ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Well I shouldn't start packing yet if I were you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I don't suppose I will now Patsy. He told me he had been ill but wouldn't say what was wrong, which is fair enough, it might have been something personal for all I know. All he said was he is awaiting some test results which could take up to a month!
So it's back to the drawing board and trying to decide the right thing to do.
I have 3 options that I can see at the moment:

1. Find another builder
2. Defer it till next spring now
3. Keep the builders money and put it towards another property. Only thing with this though, is I like my bungalow and pretty garden here, and also I wouldn't get a good price for mine as it stands.

I'm finding choosing the right answer really difficult, and my son is not a lot of help!
I would feel the same - the builder handled the situation badly, there really is no excuse for him or a member of his family to let you know - no one did that
Its worth looking at other properties, you may get a bargain and have aspects you love, in your shoes I would do that until next spring - maybe the timing is wrong for you at present, things can turn around for the better and things just fall into place, so maybe a wait and see now only more relaxed about it - we don't need that kind of stress x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I would feel the same - the builder handled the situation badly, there really is no excuse for him or a member of his family to let you know - no one did that
Its worth looking at other properties, you may get a bargain and have aspects you love, in your shoes I would do that until next spring - maybe the timing is wrong for you at present, things can turn around for the better and things just fall into place, so maybe a wait and see now only more relaxed about it - we don't need that kind of stress x

Bless you Patsy, that makes a lot of sense. Don't they say something about 'decide in haste, repent as leisure.'

I'd like to get shot of my insurance company as well, because I reckon they will up my premiums considerably after all this. Trouble is, with a subsidence problem, no one else will touch me, so I'm stuck with them.

Hope it doesn't become a case of which falls apart first - me or the house! If I stay awhile longer, I just hope nothing gets worse over next winter . . .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Bad times don't last forever, you just need a break from it, I believe we get these times when nothing goes right and you've had your share besides the current problem and when the time is 'right' you will be smiling
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-07-2015, 01:30 PM

Thanks Patsy. I'm quite a cheerful soul normally, so let's hope you're right.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Patsy. I'm quite a cheerful soul normally, so let's hope you're right.
Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue, Biting Tongue,

Page 22 of 50 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top